Karam’s graveyard of esk8/End of the esk8 journey. Board for sale

Apparently I feel like the only person who might wanna buy this. But I definitely don’t have enough money right now so crap.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I got a new full face on the way and I’m going to my storage to scavenge for my old pads. As for this board, I’m completely getting it rebuilt with the vesc 6’s and Im probably going to get someone who knows there shit better then me to build it. This won’t be for a while tho

If you have had some decent concussions bro, a proper mouth guard is good practise.

Intermittent PPM connection threw on full brakes for me. Twice.

1 Like

Unless I’m a bungling dicktard (high possibility) that indicates that your fail-safes weren’t set.

Can one-dicktillion receivers in her tiny tiny enclosure @b264 chime in?

4 Likes

Naw I had tested failsafes. And it was a one-mississipi whoa! Not a 30 seconds then toss. Mini remote.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl: Old habits die hard

3 Likes

Well, as everything involved is infact a physical entity in some way or another…

What do you think caused the breaking? I guess I just don’t understand how you knew it was an intermittent connection.

As in - with the fail-safes set, how did it still lock up? What was like, the physical waveform/electrical cause?

I found cracked solder joints on the ppm splitter under a microscope.

At least one other person had the same experience.

I agree with your theory which is why it got me twice. :slight_smile:

So how is this any different than a normal disconnect? Are you saying there’s an incredibly small chance it will lock no matter what has been set and that the remote is inherently unsafe? I mean, I think the receiver is the same as the r2d2 g2b something. Isn’t that hailed as an undeniably dead solid remote?

I don’t know shit about remotes tbh. I’ve only used mini and puck, each has pros and cons.

I bet I can reproduce it by jiggling the ppm wire barely connected.

I love mini remote. I suspect it has more to do with ppm protocol than mini remote.

1 Like

What does this tell us tho. That unless we verify that the joint is completely mechanically secure & continuous we’re at risk?

1 Like

My belief is, on or off is fine. Intermittent is doom.

1 Like

I don’t think anybody intentionally does that though… Right?

Maybe Just once. Then it’s time to soldor or hot glue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I fucking hate servo connectors so much. They’re big and bulky and generally seem quite mechanically insecure. For plug to plug they have mechanical slip on locks you can use for tidiness, but it’s still bulky. Plug to pin header is just garbage tho. Now that I’m back with my fancy soldering tools I have to go re-work my Hoyt pinout to something more streamlined. Also going to look into the best way to breakout mini remote receivers. MR-30 is overkill but secure. Question is should I break out all channels or just one channel and pairing… Epoxy potting afterwards ofc

3 Likes

How about just depin and hardwire? :slight_smile:

1 Like

You talking mini receiver or Hoyt pcb?

Or just no connectors at all?

Gross man. I live a completely modular life. Hard soldered everything builds make my balls retract

3 Likes

Master @LowGuido taught us, “solder all the things”

2 Likes

Hey there, is the motor still available