KALY-XLR Ernesto new creation.

Not this for sure

2 Likes

Not entirely sure that hooking up a pair of servos to the pwm is what I would call ‘innovative’ either.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Self reporting as an arsonist, basically

2 Likes

Among us reference?

It could be if you want it to

1 Like

24v?? Wow, I’m guessing because his 18s charger was like ‘no way’. This is a vendor nightmare. At least he’s essentially taking responsibility, and absolving Ernesto. God only knows how many other ‘Kaly burned my xxx down’ scenarios are similar. Someone needs to make a battery management system, management system, that can disconnect the BMS completely when the cells are balanced.

“But to me that meant, I probably know better than anyone else anyway, its not my fault the next guy burned his house down”

What a tool…

1 Like

Theres alot of BMSes out there that already handles this. Usually on the more sophisticated BMSes, if cell voltage falls under X you have the possibility to trickle charge, but if its well under X, it doesn’t take charge at all. This is very common in most consumer electronics, your phone, bluetoothspeaker etc. Granted I have no clue what BMS was in the kaly but alot of us in this community use simpler stuff.

1 Like

I mean something that has 0 vampiric draw. I’m assuming he paid no attention to his board over the winter, and when he finally checked on it, it was at 1.5v. I mean, this does happen because of the unintentional passive draw of the BMS?

unfortunately its because of the ESC, its well documented.

1 Like

Which components specifically? I know certain types of diodes, like LED’s always draw current. What about MOSFETs? I would think both the BMS, and the ESC draw a certain amount of current at all times so long as they are plugged in. It wouldn’t be that hard to physically disconnect both of them, though it would take up a lot of extra space. I suppose some sort of battery conditioner that you always keep plugged in, and insures that they are always at a suitable storage voltage would also suffice. I just think this is a problem that needs to be solved.

Isn’t this a semiconductor problem? Any sort of solid state switches, I would think always draw a small amout of current.

Im not smart enough to know what specific part of the ESC drains the battery but it’s well known. The BMS does draw a tiny tiny amount of current, but its not that - its the spintend.

Maybe we can get one of the resident electrical engineers to weigh in. I’m not smart enough either.

I’m almost certain LTT smart BMS’s are known for their vampiric draw but I could be wrong.

Is there a sparkswitch in the spintend? if so, my money is on the leakage there.

1 Like

There is dude, yeah.

1 Like

I want it to be the BMS so bad, lol.

LLT bms’s are fine. It’s not the BMS. It would take years for a LLT BMS to draw down the voltage on a >1000wh battery.

2 Likes

Confirmation bias at its best.

6 Likes