Kaly XL enclosures

Has anybody had any luck putting a different enclosure on the Kaly XL besides the Kaly enclosure? Lol

Helping my cousin with his board and his Kaly enclosure is hella cracked. I can’t seem to get a hold of Ernesto asking if he has a fiberglass one, emailed him again today though.

Do any of the @eBoosted trampa enclosures work? Also messaged @BigBen , not sure if he has one.

1 Like

Alan makes a double stack one for the new Kaly.

3 Likes

I think its for the old kaly XL

2 Likes

Doh, was just about to link this… https://www.eboardsperu.com/product/kaly-ds-18650-21700/

2 Likes

Yeah but he wants a single stack. I know he should be making a single stack soon, but wondering if there are others available.

1 Like

I emailed Alan last week about the enclosure. The thing is a monster. It can fit a 12s8p 21700 pack in it.

3 Likes

It can also fit 16s8p if you willing to top mount some stuff :wink:

5 Likes

If you were really enthusiastic (masochistic) you could fit 17s8p in there.

5 Likes

I can imagine a 16s8p of some 50E or the M50a cells…that’d be quite the build.

2 Likes

Do or do not…there is no imagine

4 Likes

builds using only 18650 cells

elmo

4 Likes

Fuck that. P42a or bust.

Same theory applies.

5 Likes

Soon™

5 Likes

The new enclosures from Kaly will not be sold separately… I just got an email back from him… when my enclosure cracked after the first ride I basically got a big :fu:t2:

5 Likes

You need a 2.0 enclosure? Got a New one sitting in the closet

Kaly won’t be selling the enclosures for awhile.

Also his been in DC all weekend for a big group ride which is why he probably hasn’t gotten back you.

3 Likes

Yeah, kind of sucks especially because they’re such shit enclosures. I’m glad we have people like @eBoosted in the community.

1 Like

That’s the ABS one right? The one that cracks?

He might want it if it’s a decent price while he waits for the eboosted one, but he’s trying to get one that’s durable haha

2 Likes

$100 is what he sells/sold them for.

I would dm Eboosted to make sure his making them backwards compatible for the existing 2.0. He mentioned or said he was gonna go that route with the ds but I don’t think you could reuse your old inserts the same way.

Eventually the fiberglass/carbon one kaly is using now will go up on his site. But he said like 3-4 monthes before that happens

2 Likes

Trampa HS11 / Holypro 10S5P flexible enclosure (volokno-esk8.ru)

2 Likes

Yeah I DM’d him two days ago but he hasn’t gotten back to me. Guess cousin will just have to wait lol

2 Likes