Kaly XL enclosures

Ernesto did get back to me about the carbon fiber enclosure he has, but he said it only fits the XL40 type deck.

1 Like

Maybe you should post up what deck your cousin has so we’re all on the same page. Seems weird the 2.0 enclosure would work only on the xl40 deck considering the xl40 deck and 2.0 decks are the same just different mounting inserts I think is all.

2 Likes

That’s probably a good idea as I really don’t know the differences between the Kaly decks, never been interested in them haha.

2 Likes

Yup same deck I thought it was. He just have changed how the inserts are installed on his revised enclosures. Well the one I have for it should be a straight drop in for his battery. Hopefully eboosted makes one as a a straight drop in vs redo the pack.

1 Like

Yeah I’m hoping @eBoosted uses this hole pattern, or at least make some blank ones so we can put the holes in ourselves! haha.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to contact Ernesto for some weeks now with no success, I know he has been crazy busy. I sent him two Kaly DS enclosures last month, I’m not sure if he had the chance to test them.

The enclosure I developed is very wide, it means there just a tiny overlap on the side of the central flares, enough to install M5 screws. About the backwards compatibility, there’s no way for me to tell if they’d be

2 Likes

He really needs some staff, but I understand why he doesn’t hire. Too many shitty people that just wanna say they work for ernesto.

2 Likes

Well your enclosure space for the ds is different orientation the. The xl40. Will your single stack have the same build orientation as the 2.0 enclosure?

4 Likes

One employee and him I think is all he has.

2 Likes

anyone is selling as kaly xl deck?

1 Like

He works a lot with family too

1 Like

A cracked enclosure would be a good opportunity to try ABS welding. Harbor Freight has plastic welding supplies.

2 Likes

Just noticed someone hasn’t drilled thru the deck yet for their matrix 2s.

1 Like

I would work for free just for testing shit and swag :sunglasses:

2 Likes

He hears that daily lol I’ve seen it first hand

so would I lol

1 Like

Yes it will have the same orientation? Why do you ask?

1 Like

As a upgrade for the folks with plastic 2.0 enclosures who want something more robust.

IE drop in our existing packs into the SS enclosure by yiu

1 Like