Kaly 4:1 straight-cut gear drive v1 [SOLD]

Reluctantly trimming down my parts shelf, this was an offer Kaly posted back in summer last year. Was planned to put on a La Croix but plans change.

I paid $480 for this kit with an additional hanger - 2 payments, reason was a realisation that I could use two identical hangers after buying the deal!

These hangers are compatible with Trampa baseplates. The hanger is 28cm/8" long

Drive assembly and maintenance thread .builders, worth saving to a pdf by whomever buys this kit.

Price: €380 + shipping to lucky person. I believe @DerelictRobot @sofu has a set of these.

Kaly is now selling a similar drive but with helical gears, that will cost you $850 before the extra hanger for this latest tech. privilege.

Ps. I changed the price up a little, squirrel me!!

11 Likes

You still need parts or are you good? @Dred

I’ve actually owned 2 sets of these, one still in use with over 7k miles on it. The other went into @SeanHacker’s build.

These are top tier gear drives in my book.

I’m seriously tempted to buy this to have another backup set. Grrrr… Thanks @magharees

5 Likes

PM’ed. Talk to me

I want this

and This is what the drive sounds like. Sexy af :metal:t3:

8 Likes

That sound is so familiar, like a favorite song.

They sound even more amazing if you don’t ride like a senior citizen like @CiscoV is here in the video.

:kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Haha. Well. Thank you. That was my first real ride on my Lacroix “up front”

3 Likes

sounds dope :slight_smile:

my motors / belts allways remind me of angry r2-d2 sound when i push down the throttle :heart:

1 Like

I was largely kidding as it looks like you’re doing at least 25+ here.

The way they sound from a stop when you open up full throttle sounds like you’re at a track.

1 Like

I really wanna motivate someone to buy this shit ASAP.
I got to ride my boys kaly that day and man. That sweet screaming makes the ride much better than belts ha

3 Likes

I think we hit some 36 that day :grimacing:

2 Likes

Thank you gents for the helpful insight, a little disappointed at the lack of derailing

BTW these can be marked provisionally sold…just waiting on funds to arrive now.

2 Likes

aahhh. whats that sound? Its the sound of gear drives in my near Future :slight_smile:

@DerelictRobot will these fit trampa ultimate hangers? or do I have to use the Kaly hangers? I like the look of my ultimates so thinking of giving the kaly hangers to my friend who is in the middle of buying parts for his trampa build

2 Likes

For once everyone is actually interested in the part… and are busy reaching out to their bank to ask to increase their authorized overdraft :man_shrugging:

1 Like

There will be more, stay tuned

1 Like

They should. My original ones are still mounted on Trampa hangers before Ernie started making his own.

With that said these are a pain in the dick to get all aligned and built the first time, so it’s going to be a bit of a project.

I’d recommend keeping it as is and just using a Trampa in the front. Not like you can see much of the rear hanger once motors & wheels are mounted anyway.

2 Likes

I can’t remember the difference in length but iirc the front should be narrower…probably no biggie on handling, given you tried both probably and 7k!!!

Comes with dual 6374’s though

2 Likes

I want a 2.0 kaly so bad but unfortunately I don’t have a vagina n I don’t wanna wait for six months to get it.

Who wants to sell me theirs!?

4 Likes