Just curious, why always uphill?

Not sure I posted this question in the correct category, but being new to E Sk8, why are the events always continuously uphill? Is there a safety issue with having some sections of the route downhill? Seems like having the entire route being uphill limits locations.

3 Likes

You can feel the power up hill, defying the law of gravity makes it feel better

The scream of the motors is just :triumph::ok_hand::ok_hand:

16 Likes

Agreed, I always have more fun up hill

4 Likes

def you feel safer and there is no worry about breaking
also you can shove the throttles full potential in and feels awesome

2 Likes

without motor u can still zoom zoom on flat ground and down hill, but u can’t zoom up hill, so that’s our fun to zoom up hill

3 Likes

If someone’s board breaks / runs out of power, going back downhill doesn’t suck as much as it would otherwise.

3 Likes

You’re asking for trouble seeking answers to that question

But fellas he’s fucking right tho :checkered_flag: look at cars and bikes, there’s both types of events. Limiting esk8 to uphill sections is weird. Specially when core of the discipline comes from Downhill!

4 Likes

This is true but many of our boards (see basically all) can’t even hit normal downhill boarder speeds.

What’s the point in a downhill esk8 event when you can do downhill on a normal longboard.

It would be cool to see a mixed kind of race though where part of it is downhill and part of it is uphill

5 Likes

to test the true power of the boards pulling all that weight!

1 Like

Yeah, like a roller coaster. Up and down, that would be much nicer for eskate races IMO

2 Likes

exactly

Sounds like a room for improvement right here :smirk::smirk: that’s a potent reason to upgrade to higher voltage higher speed setup :zap:

DH oddly is more à battle of brakes and aerodynamic than power too so there’s that…

Tho being able to granular brake and go comet speed out of every corner would be terrific!

1 Like

Thanks for the answers - they make sense. I’m in North Carolina, so I’d have to drive 2 hours to find 3 miles of continuous uphill…

4 Likes

I think there should be like a tractor pull of esk8. The redneck of the sport. Everyone gets hammered drunk and tries to pull a buick 15 ft. It’s the next olympic sport. Prove me wrong.

11 Likes

Lol most of the area around me is massive hills

1 Like

FTFY :ok_hand:

6 Likes

14 Likes

I like the idea of cannonball races.

I’ll agree that the steeper hill races tend to exclude new guys with commercial or casual builds.

8 Likes

Requesting your title to be changed to “the mad redneck of esk8”

7 Likes

Who’s in charge of titles nowadays??

I like it too :heart:

2 Likes