Just bought a FocBox Unity from Raptor

Sounds positive! I’m just new to the community so I’m not very well read on the topic.

1 Like

Oh god no that was joke. In all seriousness, you should be fine. I believe the general consensus was to not order from the clearance shop because it wasn’t certain whether it was a 3rd party or if it was a direct sale from Jason Potter who we all despise. For the most part, aside from the already known issues, Unities have been pretty rock solid as long as you disable thermal throttling

Pretty much listen to anything @CiscoV says
He’s owned more Unities than anyone. I guarantee it. I’ll put my dick on the line once again

2 Likes

Ok thank you!

1. inspect the board for faults
  2. disable thermal throttling
1 Like

ftfy

1 Like

Lol I’ve been reading some old threads and damn dude really fucked up

1 Like

3 Likes

Quick tip, to avoid stuff like above , put a “SERIOUS” in your title.

3 Likes

TBF I’m new to this and I don’t really know what happened or what goin on with potter all I know is a lot of people tell me it’s a good ESC.

1 Like

Will do. Was wondering why there were so many “serious” posts.

image Haha. It’s all good bro. Fair enough.
I’m just shitposting.
It has been a great ESC for plenty of people. Also a few issues, but that’s the game.

I just want something but now I’m afraid I’m gonna wait at least a month to get it from CHYNA

I don’t know why people talking trash about unity the only problem is capacitors get loose I got glued mine on my mountain board and work perfectly I’ve put over 400milles now

1 Like

U glued ur caps to ur board or to the pcb itself

To the pcb they are glued lightly by the manufacture but not enough I literally put lots of glue on them because I put a lot of stress on my board ,I love the unity cuz it’s small I will probably get a stormcore when mine burns or something happens

1 Like

Sick I’m so stoked. Did u just use hot glue?

I used the gorrilla hot glue sticks and high temp glue gun

1 Like

Gonna do this as soon as I test and make sure it works.

Haha. Nah brother. I have had for a while now

Meaning he’s been a Raptor evangelist since before Jason was tempted by the dark side. Tell me about it :roll_eyes: I even got hardware remants from @CiscoV’s Raptor days laying around my hut.

1 Like

Well hopefully it lasts a few years

1 Like

Some of Enertion hardware are :+1::+1:. Electronics are little better. We can say that Focboxes and Unities are their best tech achievements so far (along their R-Spec motors).

Some other items like that ugly and expensive board, AT wheels or batt chargers, are mediocre items.

1 Like