Just bought a FocBox Unity from Raptor

I’m sort of scared now that I’m reading about em are you guys having issues with yours? Should I cancel my order

If you’re not going to test them to if they work then probably.

1 Like

That comment doesn’t make any sense to me sorry. I’m just asking in general if I should cancel and go with something else.

1 Like

Lmao.
Mines have been flawless for a few hundred miles now

3 Likes

Sick! That’s what I wanted to hear.

1 Like

Just make sure to disable thermal throttling when you do your settings

2 Likes

Ok I might hit u up once it gets here for help if that’s ok. Did u also order from raptor clearance if so how long till u got it? I don’t want summer to be over by the time I get it

1 Like

Haha. Nah brother. I have had for a while now.

3 Likes

i actually just set mine to 135C, never had a problem, but i guess its because i don’t do crazy setup

5 Likes

I just don’t trust that shit lol

4 Likes

You should do this in general with ANY VESC you get but for these you should check over if there’s any thing wrong with it (like burn marks or bad soldering). Usually you can catch a lot of errors on detection but things can still go wrong.

Moral of the story: Check your VESC before you connect it to the rest of your system. If you’re not planning to , then you should get a refund and buy from a reputable Vesc source where not checking is more in your favor.

5 Likes

true, no point to take risk when u can remove a potential problem

3 Likes

Ok I get what ur saying. Give it a look over and make sure my traces are good and the solder is fine

2 Likes

Bingo

2 Likes

Yeah that’s not an issue for me. Problem is if it does look bad what can I do? I’ve never done any smd type of solder work. Can u guys recommended a good board fixer? I actually have a half blown vesc 6.6 non plus I wouldn’t mind having fixed

if shit goes south, pp dispute, throw away the unity and get stormcore lolz

2 Likes

I was gonna get the stormcore 2!

Nice try Jason Potter…

5 Likes

There must be something I’m missing

If you want, you can give to me and I’ll rest ride it for a couple hundred miles and I’ll give it back to you a few months later :sunglasses:

5 Likes