JUMPINATOR II | MBS DW II | E-TOXX | lightweight MTB

Your other videos play fine. Only that one doesn’t work. Weird :thinking:

1 Like

OH MY LORD!!!

Jesus christ there is a secret spot in my city which is scary big WTF!
It exists since 2 years and I saw one video but I had no idea where it is. After talking to a guy I know the location and it’s 5-10 minutes away from my flat, how sick is that. I have to research which guys are in charge and talk to them. It’s forbidden to ride there when nobody of them is there. Also no tires with treads allowed, maybe time to get some street tires :thinking: On the other side the treads of MTB tires are not deep.

Ok why I’m so stoked you can see in the following screen shots :grin:

This was a happening last halloween

I can’t believe it’s that near, really need to cantact the guys. I think there is a small, middle and big line. Most of the jumps are way to big for me but it must feel epic to jump them one day. The only thing I’m scared of are those gaps no matter if small or big because you have to jump the distance otherwise you are in trouble. But it’s also something in the head that’s why it is good to practice on the doubles in dirt park first which don’t have deep gaps.

13 Likes

Rich, you see etoxx’s Instagram and Björn trying that crazy gap?

3 Likes

I had to fix this disaster, everything loose.

Also found damaged heat shrink tube

I glued it several times already but this time with butyl tape so it won’t move anymore.

Then on saturday I was ready for dirt park and practice the new line. I also recorded footage and the video is almost done, hardcore editing this time :sunglasses:

Yes :joy:
Something similar happened to me on saturday and this is the result:

Ready? Click for surprise

Also broke the wrist guard :man_shrugging:t2:

14 Likes
9 Likes

Those are some nice jumps!
Well done with the dirt park clean up!
Would love to ride there as well.

2 Likes

I checked all videos on my channel and 15 videos are locked in denmark only. :man_shrugging:. I guess there is a problem with a collecting society

The 15 videos are the better ones so I feel honored when you like the “other” videos. You could use tor browser to watch all videos.

2 Likes

Wooh !! Awesome !!! Thanks for the inspiration motivation once again :+1:
Your jumps are so clean and fluid :ok_hand: Super cool vid, the work done on the new line seams definitively paying :muscle: !
I have to finish my dam mtb :sweat_smile: I just want a ride now !..

3 Likes

Thanks @Andy87 and @Riako for your comments :grin:

Unfortunately it rained hard a couple of days ago and the last dirt kicker was in a bad condition. Today I rescued the kicker with more dirt blocks and dirt and shaped it wider. Until the next rain it should be fine.

Then I had fun jumping the new line and I couldn’t believe it but did overshoot 2 times, crazy. Then I was riding the middle line and forgot to ride slower and did overshoot like never before, I was landing on the flat maybe 2-3 meters after the end of the landing area, I was really scared in the air and my back hurted for several minutes from the impact but I survived.

Unfortunately a motor gear came loose after 30 minutes so game over :man_shrugging:

Not too long ago I complained some grooves on the bottom of the Bro deck, meanwhile there are more grooves :joy:

But the graphics are almost fine :ok_hand:

9 Likes

Damn that deck is getting used right for sure :wink: Im always amazed by the wear on your gear, shows that you really put it through it’s paces and shows the skill of the rider :relieved:

4 Likes

I’ll show him that deck pic personally next weekend…:smirk::joy:

2 Likes

Thanks but only skills needed for the vertical grooves :joy:
No idea I think they are from copings in skate park.

@Haeroboards when do you think the coating is gone and I scratch the graphics away :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:? Maybe 2021? I can’t believe it’s still visible, nice coating…

As you say it I’m impressed that the hollow axles of the MatrixII trucks are not bent yet. I mean I don’t want to take a closer look now :sweat_smile: but last time I checked them it looked good.

3 Likes

You’re taking it to another level. :stuck_out_tongue:
Maybe he’ll step onto this babe soon :joy:

3 Likes

That’s how a deck should look like. I reckon 3 years to go :wink: do you bottom out the deck? You have the stiff or medium version?

1 Like

Nice :ok_hand:

I’m 74kg and have the medium flex deck, it’s perfect. I made a lot of progression in jumping since I ride the Bro. It’s hard to describe but the flex is just right for riding and jumping and especially landing. I crash less compared to other decks. For example when I land crooked and with the rear wheels only the flex let me correct body position and avoid falling. In the same situation a Trampa deck bends and twists so I lose control, same with a stiff MBS DWII deck which is not forgiving when not landing proper.

Only when landing on flat but then I can bottom out the DWII deck, too.

Video

https://youtu.be/X_nId5TbUAQ

When landing proper on the landing area the deck doesn’t flex much and feels safe. You can see this especially in the slow motions at the end of the video below.

Video

https://youtu.be/5pLWUtq3WZE

https://youtu.be/6r-AizQhTyc

Personally I can’t do tight turns with the Bro because of it’s width and concave but for jumping it’s an advantage for me, more stable. I cranked down the red shock blocks so steering is limited anyway.

I’m thinking about getting a second medium Bro, do you have any in stock or is there a new batch coming sometime?

2 Likes

@rich I’ll have my first experience on a downhill trail (Skilifthang o.ä.) on the weekend :metal:t2:

3 Likes

Okay I see. Do you ride with the long or short wheelbase? Short wheelbase would rise the deck a bit and make the flex on the nose a little bit more stiff. That could help too.

Never seen a e-boarder jump like you. Cool stuff. I would definitely reckon to ride more stiff trucks. The wobbles on the landing look terrific. You land very clean but than you loose the control. If you have a stiffer truck you could easily jump all the jumps in a row with good control and style!

4 Likes

I ride with the long wheelbase and I like it. I don’t want less flex or rise the deck. I think it is more stable that way.

Wow thank you, really aprecciate it :blush:!

Do you mean different trucks or more hard compressed elastomeres?

I’m still trying different compression levels of the red shock blocks. When I crank them down very hard it’s very stable for jumping but I can’t steer. Before the last video I untightened them a bit that’s why it wasn’t 100% stable. In dirt park there are curves when riding back to start and often I have to do a 180° curve to be able to climb the start hill.

Do you hop for steering? :joy:

3 Likes

Yes if the curve is too tight I have to :man_shrugging:
That’s the downside of having stiff trucks (or springs).

1 Like