Jujo's Review on the BKB DUO

Go ride your damn 3links :eyes:

3 Likes

imma go on my first group in a year tomorrow lmao, nervous as fuck. I used to be the onewheeler in the group

5 Likes

Dooo etttt :love_you_gesture:t3:

Would your weight have anything to do with your experience with the flex on the deck? Isnā€™t there more than one option for the flex?

1 Like

Yes, youā€™re used to your board having no issues with all that. Other people are used to their board not being able to do what they want

1 Like

Itā€™s most definitely the weight :rofl: though its supposedly good up to 240 for Flex 1. Anything over 240 is for Flex 2

I do want to mention that whatever this TrueFlex is, it does seem springier? Like the vanguard, exway flex, and other clones seem to just sag or bounce you back up. This resembles more of a rigid rebound I guess

@ShutterShock yea I was mostly impressed with the connectors they added. It was all mindful, they knew exactly what connectors worked best. I didnā€™t mention this in the video but I actually removed all the nylon braid and some of the heat shrink to check the soldering or any conformal. The soldering was done really well but there wasnā€™t any conformal which was fine.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s super cool. I probably wouldnā€™t buy one of these but it would be cool to see in person / try out

1 Like

Yea I think my options are: ask @yelnats8j skin my deck so itā€™s a little more stuff and build everything from the ground up or sell it and get my $1000 back :unamused:

4 Likes

Thanks for the write up @Jujo I definitely respect your opinion.

TBH Iā€™m not trying to sell kits to anyone on here (unless they are brand new). DIY is such a small market compared to pre-builts. Iā€™m trying to bridge the gap between an entry level DIY and the under powered pre-built boards. I think it does this really well, and is a great value for the price.

Regarding your range, that will happen when your full out the whole time. Using the speed upgrade kit will definitely help you get a few extra miles.

10 Likes

Oh totally man! I figured if you were to try to cater to just us DIY people, it would be a hot mess. I definitely think you guys did the right thing with this board and I especially appreciate how simple it was to put together. I remember sealing it all up and almost crying from joy because I didnā€™t need to set up vesc tool or solder anything :rofl:

2 Likes

HAH oh the joys of fiddling with that

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna be honest here and I feel like itā€™s gonna disqualify me as a diy but I havenā€™t used vesc tool in 3 years maybe? I used Ackmaniacs when I had focboxes and then upgraded to Unity and never looked back lol Iā€™m spoiled as hell

1 Like

Oh my lord dude you have no idea then

dual vescs are even more annoying than the singles hahha

2 Likes

Jujo,
I enjoyed the review and all that. Iā€™ve had the same board with the 97mms. It was a nice introduction to DIY and a place to start from. I got the standard deck and weigh 185-190lb. Deck is bouncy AF. I hit a concrete/pavement seam on acceleration (leaning forward) and I launched at about 22mph Superman style. I was all padded up, and the only things destroyed were my remote and my ego so itā€™s all good. I went back and inspected the bump that got me an Iā€™m mostly shocked it happened, really an insignificant little seam. It kinda killed my confidence in the deck setup and the wheels. The other two guys I was riding with didnā€™t have any trouble with it. Iā€™ve concluded that the aesthetic is weird and I will be changing the deck and enclosure as soon as I can save a couple hundred backs. Maybe 12s4p while Iā€™m at it. Iā€™m not salty about it tho. I think the leftover parts will be a nice for one of the spare boards (that someone else is riding):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

YES. FINALLY someone else who has similar opinion. Yea man, Iā€™m 180 and Iā€™m with you there lol. Also welcome to the forum! Get out while you still have money.

Anyways, there are a good number of ways we can improve on the board:

• Have someone skin the deck with a layer of CF to stiffen it slightly. Cost: $200
  • (If youā€™re not using the AT wheels) move the trucks inward by about an inch. Cost: Free
  • Ditch the deck, battery, enclosure altogether. Transfer ESC and drivetrain onto a decent board and buy a new battery enclosure. Cost: $500+

Im still on the fence if I wanna sell it, give it to a friend, or have @yelnats8j skin my deck

2 Likes

So basically build a new board lmao

3 Likes

:joy: I have been eyeing that 12s4p and Bustin Sportster enclosure combo thatā€™s on saleā€¦:eyes:

1 Like

I was very confused on why Jared decided on this long long deck and such a tiny battery compartment especially if he had the option of adjusting the flex of the deck with the factory.

1 Like

It is noticeably longer than any of the other boards (meepo, ownboard, exway, etc) with a single enclosure. In my opinion, a split enclosure type deal or a longer thinner enclosure would have been better. Thatā€™s just my opinion. Itā€™s very awkward to hold and carry because itā€™s so back heavy

3 Likes

whatā€™s the wheel base of the board, in stock truck position

1 Like