Jet Killshot 40.5 Community Sourced Build

Thanks Surfofdirt :wink:

3 Likes

Fark, I just realised that is one thread that got seriously shafted when Deckoz bailed on us :unamused:

3 Likes

:disappointed_relieved: Rip…

Yes but an XT90 off the battery won’t work. You need something 200A capable. That’s why I recommended two batteries over one.

5 Likes

Oh are you sure he means 225a per battery I think he means overall @DEEIF

1 Like

Also good stuff in here @DEEIF

1 Like

Ah my apologies. For a race setup I’d consider the opposite. But you’re gonna need copper bus bars on the whole system. The battery will be pricey and heavy. Output to dual 8awg off the bus bar to xt90s. 10awg to the ESCs. Keep a minimum number of connectors and the cables as short as possible. A single config will be slightly lighter I think. And a dual battery setup will reduce your # of P packs per side which might increase your voltage sag

It’s gonna be pricey. And you’re operating at extremes so plan to need to tackle heat

2 Likes

I don’t see the value in dual batteries, you can just run multiple terminals from the one battery to the same effect no?

3 Likes

Yea but with small cells you can have a fairly small surface area to mount those two without getting hot points. A good builder can do it fine with the right components

2 Likes

Just use 4x 6396 (not 6369) each with its own 12s2p battery and some version of a VESC 6…all the power and none of the connector melting current

3 Likes

I meant overall amperage of the pack for anyone wondering😁

Thanks for the link @glyphiks

2 Likes

Saaaaaaaaaagggggg

One single pack will always be better (more effective and efficient) than multiple packs if the same amount of cells are used. There is simple maths behind it but I’m drunk and going to bed. No more multiple pack speak please.

6 Likes

There’s a big difference between peak draw amps and continuous. At your weight you won’t pull those amps especially not with those motors. Also the higher the voltage the lower the amps.

If it was continuous with you described battery. You would get 5 minute runtime and 4.6 mile range (if you were going 50mph, someone correct my math if I got that wrong)

1 Like

Can he withstand the amps/force of the board? Just asking.

3 Likes

Probably not :joy:

What gear ratio are u rockin’? Just see it nowhere in the thread. :joy:

1 Like

18/60 :wink: on sixshooters most likely

Try the burnout mode on a Baja when you can. :wink:
have you ridden it at least once?

1 Like

Nope, never ridden a Baja…

You had the chance…

1 Like