Jet Killshot 40.5 Community Sourced Build

Hey guys! It’s me again… If anyone doesn’t know me then read on, if you do know me just skip to the next paragraph :wink: I’m a little light guy from SoCal and right now have a single wheel drive Evo called the Millenial Falcon (Thx @Brenternet) Welp without further ado more typing :grin:

I’ve reached out to some of you guys already on this but I might as well just make a thread for it to get more opinions and ideas :grin:

I’ve recently been gifted a Jet Killshot and Enclosure from the amazing @FourteeOZ! I’m kind of stumped on what setup I should run on it though.

The only part I’m pretty much dead set on keeping is @moestooge 3links. If those fall through though then I will most likely get a pair of high quality Rkp’s. The build is meant for dicking around and Racing. Budget sorta out the window except for completely unreasonable shit. The reason there is not a budget limit is because Im going to buy the parts throughout 2020. I don’t have a deadline on it since I am grateful enough to have 2 working esk8’s! Below you will find what the rider profile for the build is and what I sort of want the build to stay in perimeters wise.

My Idea of Board Right Now (Changeable):

Rider Profile:

• 5’4
  • 105 pounds

Perimeters of Board:

• Raceable
  • Fast af
  • HIGH QUALITY
  • Mostly Community Sourced

Thank you so much for whoever read all that! I’m looking forward to what ideas you have!

8 Likes

@ARetardedPillow @Arzamenable @skunk @sender @mmaner @Mikenopolis @moon @yelnats8j @Juddymuddy @FourteeOZ @klaus79856 @370HSSV @scrubski @Schulerbible @Linny @everyoneelse @glyphiks

225A is mega amperage… you going 4wd on this sucker?

3 Likes

Nah, Hill climb with low gear ratiossss :wink: Rather have too much then not enough

3 Likes

Sounds dope.
If you are okay with a slow build and want to race. I would think about a 6.6 vesc derivative.
A few coming to market.
Plus. I think we will be seeing 14s and even 18s in the next year. ( So shoot for lower kv)
Things to keep in mind.

3 Likes

Will the unity even do 225A?

3 Likes

My thoughts also, I was gonna ask @jeffwuneo when he thought the 20s ESC would be done! :grin:

Nope… I’m Gonna need a better vesc :worried:

3 Likes

Ohhh, that was you @FourteeOZ got the deck and enclosure for, haha.

Some new trucks in the work, but it’s tkp.

Battery wise, Probably a 12s6p 40T or 12s5p P42A. If not enough amps, up to 7P or something, I know you got the room.

Unsure about unity, never used one.

Shameless plug: have a set of sixshooter for sale if interested…

And merry Christmas Dash!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas to you too! I’ll pm you about the 6x2shooters to not clog the thread!

12s5p Molicell p42a is what I was thinking!

4 Likes

More p more gooder no matter what amperage the cells are, less stress on cells :+1:

1 Like

Yup! The Molicells should be able to push huge amps…

1 Like

Lol I love how you just tag everyone to get attention to your posts

5 Likes

:grin: It’s my specialty…

4 Likes

What do you guys think of a 15s4p Molicell battery pack? With the Neobox 20s Esc :grin:

I think maybe can start testing after March.

3 Likes

:heart_eyes: Thanks Jeff for the quick response! What are the voltages your other esc’s coming out are going to be able to
Run at?

1 Like

For our neoBOX4/6 it can running 12S with 80A. It can running 13S but is possible to have problem if run this high.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll keep an eye out on the 20s… :grin:

@jeffwuneo Is there an estimate for the ERPM limit on the 20s ESC?

@DEEIF You’re gonna get more power out of a higher kv motor so I’d suggest hella motor RPM and then a massive gear ratio

2 Likes

Ahh true true… Thanks man!