Jet Killshot 40.5 Community Sourced Build

Is no like VESC so can handling very high power.

Those kinda amps need a lot more than a suitable esc. Big cable, connectors. Not to mention a really robust battery build

2 Likes

images (37)

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll look into it more tomorrow!

I’d be running 4x8awg (2 pos, 2 neg) wires to each ESC if you are really looking to push those kind of amps, and at least 3 x 8awg per series connection

1 Like

You’re probably better off with two batteries. That way you’re not trying to route 6-8 AWG cable everywhere

You’re also going to discover that big power is not cheap. Flipsky has a 200 amp dual esc, but it’s not going to survive your planning. Trampa maybe or maytech vescs will costs you 2x as much. Basically everything electrical is gonna cost 2-3x as much

225 amps is big, will be hard to manage heat everywhere in the system.

3 Likes

Might be better to just get pure copper bar for that

1 Like

images (85)

If you wanna get high and watch youtube, I can strongly recommend this dude’s channel

1 Like

I don’t do high but I’ll definitely wrap myself in a burrito and watch a few hours if it

1 Like

I don’t either but I can imagine I would’ve watched a lot more hours if I did :rofl:

1 Like

This thread is about to get a lot more action in the new year when I start pushing 250A through my motors in the new year, but I’m hoping we can amalgamate a lot of good information about high wattage builds here in the future that will be useful for people like you doing builds like this. Maybe you can contribute as well as you learn, discover, and and implement solutions.

3 Likes

We no use hobby connector for our esc. It all use automotive connector.

6 Likes

If it is 110a per vesc (225/2) then why do you need such impressive connectors can’t you use the xt90s big brother?

Also sick build @DEEIF hope all goes well

1 Like

Omg lol I have seen a few of his videos. He just finds random shit and melts it into ingots.

2 Likes

Where did you get 200+ amps goal?

Have you seen the one where he steals his own brass tapware to melt down :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nope I haven’t I think I have seen like 4 videos of his.

1 Like

Sounds like a huge leap forward. And 225A for a 105 pound rider… that’s probably more power than you can use anywhere but on a track.
I would recommend taking it easy and get 2x80A motors and a 120-160A capable battery.

Just my $0.02

Edit: realized that I over read that you will race it.
In that case, I would recommend to loook deeper into battery amps vs motor amps.
Your current motor selection is not a good match for a 225A battery.

A rough half correct example: if your battery can push 100A, and your motor can handle 200A (as in VESC settings), then your motor will be the limiting factor until you reach approx half of your top speed.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but what do you mean by this?

Thanks! I’ll look into that a litttle deeper!

1 Like

Good info here little brother

2 Likes