Jeff Friesen Interview: Enertion, Unity, Remotes, and More

Originally published at: http://esk8.news/jeff-freisen-interview-enertion-unity-remotes-and-more/

I’ve been wanting to do this a long time. Camera snafus aside, Jeff makes a great interview and tells us all about how he got into esk8, how and why he came up with the FocBox Unity concept, and what Enertion is up to as far as getting the orders out and overcoming delays.

We also find out that the Unity Firmware will be open sourced, that there is also an open source esk8 remote coming that will be guided by the community, and that Jeff daydreams sometimes about a six phase motor that the Unity could control. I wanted 11 phases but Jeff said no, that was stupid.

We then dove into our loving memories of riding Lacroix and Kaly NYC boards on the dirt track at IMI Motorsports in Colorado and how the Unity has really taken over as the ESC of board building.

Jeff then explains electric unicycles and why it took me so long to learn it, and how it would take him forever as well. Never mind the fact that as a roboticist he’s familiar with how that sausage is made and will always feel sketch about them.

21 Likes

Awesome interview!

3 Likes

Really looking forward to this one, big Jeff fanboy.

Just had to pause a few seconds in to come here and tell you that you’re fucking ugly Damon. Obviously in the nicest way possible :heart:

7 Likes

I heard Jeff is actually an angel sent down to guide we Esk8 disciples with his knowledge of magic and mysticism.

I am grateful for his return.

9 Likes

you’re just jealous because i found a way to make man buns metal.

7 Likes

Don’t listen to him Damon. You’re a very attractive man. Don’t think I haven’t noticed.

Awesome interview btw

3 Likes

That was really natural. Like the undercarriage of a dreadlocked amazonian tree hugger.

Speaking of which, you’ve crossed the line with this hair Damon. Riding around on a unicycle with a top knot and I know for a fact that you buy $10 coffees and skate in sandals.

Reign it in my dude or I’ll ralley the unwashed masses and we’ll skewer you.

i fucking hate coffee and i skate barefoot.

oh, and…

top knots have been around for about … oh i don’t know… since Edo period Japan at least.

So basicaly this: Savage ronins and mad beasts of soldiers and stealth murderers wore them yet I’m a hippie. lol

4 Likes

ESK8 Samurai

All you need are some geta.

hahahaha its inception time… eskatenews.com posted the interview that i did on esk8.news… but they dug up a better image of Jeff.

yo dawg… i heard you like to esk8.news while you eskatenews …

10 Likes

Your need to defend this so vividly makes me aware of your self doubt Damon. You’re going downhill fast, and not on a skateboard.

I will document your fall from grace, one topknot at a time.

Your need to call me by my first name tells me everything about your desire to have me. Just say it, the top knot makes you want me more. You can’t stand how beautiful i am, and now you want to ruin me because you can’t have me.

Just for that i’m running away with @DerelictRobot

6 Likes

Let thou make sure he is not stripeth from his “enertia” so that thou doeth not loseth thy way from the divine path.

Skattan 3:16

The top knot makes me want you more, Damon.

I’m down for eloping. Brent is a cruel mistress anyway.

1 Like

He thinks that just because i’m attracted to abusive men that i will just fall for him. I have standards! I need abusive men with lots of drugs.

5 Likes

@longhairedboy Jeffs name is Friesen, not Freisen (article), not Freison (youtube) :laughing:

Actually it’s Freisen. e, then i.

I typoed the youtube upload title with an o for some reason but got it right in the video and in the article. I just fixed the youtube.

Thanks!

wait a minute… the motherfucker mispelled his own name in telegram, or mispelled it on the forum. One or the other.

4 Likes

Well then Jeff doesn’t know about that :sweat_smile:

Edit: rofl exactly?! Damn Jeffrey! :joy:

2 Likes