Jedboard-will they actually ever deliver?

They have promised me a set of wheels for testing… i have to say I am a little excited about it.

2 Likes

Literally three times a week minimum for the last 3-4 years i have been getting messages from Jed with images of things.

I’m a cynic, a depressed anxiety ridden cynic who thinks religion is for schizophrenics and they’ve managed to keep me believing that a board will arrive eventually. I beleive them when they say they’ve just been confronting issue after issue and want to deliver the best experience they can and won’t ship anything at all or answer bullshit until they can do exactly that.

Maybe i’m just a hopeless romantic.

11 Likes

at least they are sending something…

3 Likes

I am also the hopeless romantic here. I’ve got no skin in the game, but I do feel like they will come through with the goods eventually

3 Likes

Sorry Damon but going radio silent is not the proper way to deal with issues and this has been proven time and time again.

I will say this:
All of the guys still promoting directly or indirectly Jed or any other manufacturer in social media after this behavior from them, are partly responsible for when they completely fold and owe products to people who paid for it.

10 Likes

For the good of esk8, I would love to see people get what they paid for, but the process so far makes less sense than “Eraserhead.”

3 Likes

We pulled down the video interview earlier this year with this in mind.

4 Likes

Glad someone said it…

3 Likes

It’s totally not the right way to deal with it. But in my opinion, they have tried to appease the customer base with what may or may not be legitimate excuses, and all they receive in return is mass hate.

The fact that they are still posting on social media, regardless of comments being on or off, tells me that they are still dedicated to releasing a product.

I am not defending their actions, but I really do think that one day, some day, there will be jed boards in the wild.

1 Like

Problem is when you thought you would get it it was a nice thing, but now its just a old thing even if you get it.

3 Likes

That could be one explanation.
Another would be that they are trying to gather all the money they can before they make a run for it.

3 Likes

Haha yeah that’s gonna be a thing. But hang it on a wall? Collectors item shit :joy:

1 Like

Is anyone ever try this board or meeting them?

3 Likes

Dude, believe me, these guys wouldn’t put up with the amount of hate they receive and would have deleted social accounts long ago if this were the case.

2 Likes

Yeah i know a few people who have ridden the prototype boards.

2 Likes

The real issue is that it could be a viable project, it could be poor business practices, it could be vendors fucking them over, and it could be a scam. All possibilities are on the table when so many question marks are left unanswered.

I read somewhere that Bernie Madoff was still accepting new clients days before knowing he would be arrested, somehow believing that he could still somehow turn things around.

6 Likes

Yep it could be all of the above. But I truly believe that it is not a scam.

2 Likes

Some guys I know here rode prototypes a few years ago, and the boards literally fell to pieces while riding.

3 Likes

Maybe. Keep in mind that you can order (and pay for) a board in their site right now and social media helps sell them.

4 Likes

Similar stories here :sweat_smile:

2 Likes