Jaykay Numbers, please discuss

I managed to 27 mph with my weight .

2 Likes

Sofu Reviews testing and writeup coming soon… literally just got them 2 hours ago

43 Likes

I didn’t know if we’d ever see those for real or if it was vaporware.

This is awesome

12 Likes

Incredible.

Please test out the wireless charging baseplates, useless for us but I’m very curious of the technology

6 Likes

Imagine that a company could make something so awesome that it makes me want to buy a prebuilt :rofl: Let’s wait for the reviews though.

If you hit the first puddle, do they poof? What about broken beer bottles? Do the batteries last more than 10 cycles? What is the range after a few months of daily torture? These are the burning questions…

BTW 9 mile (14.5km) range covers 90% of my skating needs, and the stealth factor here is nigh unbelievable

But if it breaks and you have to spend $1000 and 9 months to fix it, then that’s a hard no from me

9 Likes

I also saw that, but I have no idea how that works. Nothing in the instruction manual about it…

3 Likes

You guys kind of make me want to put some money on the side for some hypothetical V2 that might pop in the futur

1 Like

Awesome! How much pushing did that entail?

2 Likes

Cleverly / luckily the e-truck compliance / battery warning is a sticker.

2 Likes

I’m so jealous!!

4 Likes

surely there is a way to replace the battery…?

their website stated that battery is replaceable, just wonder how easy / difficult it will be

1 Like

You might find that the ESC / BMS PCB and battery are all one unit. IDK.

1 Like

from their video a little bit higher on the thread.
it’s some kind of slide in and out unit : Screenshot from 2020-07-22 11-10-20

i’d say juste 4 cells stuck together and one long pcb on top

2 Likes

This setup looks really cool ! I’ve looked on their official website and it seems like the price is actually way cheaper (1292€ vs 1900€) : https://www.jaykay-sport.de/en/shop/electric-longboard-kit-double/

This also reminds me of a french report about cheating in cycling competitions. They hid motors and batteries in the frame. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0s2yo6ws9U (no rickroll, I promise.)

4 Likes

1292€ really? Wasn’t it 1900+ before?

E: i see, the dealer listed it at 1900€. But i vaguely remember seeing it on the jaykay website as well a few months ago

1 Like

Yea I suppose they lowered the entry price. They have something in this line on their home page :

“Now only 899€”, but when you click it redirects you to https://www.jaykay-sport.de/en/shop/electric-longboard-kit-single/ which is “only” 775€ for a single e-truck.

2 Likes

Interesting. It’s still a lot of mula… If money wasn’t a concern i definitely would’ve bought a set!

5 Likes

Just checked for you on web.archive, it was still 2000€ back in January of this year so you were right. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can you guys leave my wallet alone

5 Likes

That’s almost palatable. I’m a little more interested now, for something that gets Boosted standard range without the bulk.

The only thing I’m still concerned about is the BT remote.

@sofu if you can please comment on that connection stability vs 5G in SF that would be great!

2 Likes