Jaykay Numbers, please discuss

Hey boys, I’ve seen news here and there about jaykay and today i stumble upon it listed on http://www.longboardshop.de/shop/product_info.php?cPath=380&products_id=5814

I know vendors usually overestimate their number but what i read seems wild.

From the specs i can see that their is four 2170 cells per truck. So 8 total.
And then they claim 12/15km range and up to 35km speed.

What do you guys, think one could get out of 8 cells in a very optimised environment?

Side not, i really dig that ring remote. If anyone knows a DIY/vesc compatible thing close to it please share.

2 Likes

Gotta push those numbers up or get laughed at, just ask jayjay who delivered 99% of all of his orders.

Tbh if you take it super mega easy whatever numbers they give are probably real, just not realistic

I gotta assume you ride those much unlike most of our boards.

yeah that was other people’s favorite part too. Seems too small to work well to me but I could be wrong.

2 Likes

Question who pays €2k to find out if their unrealistic efficiency numbers stack up?

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know what kind of battery they can cram into it

Totally fake, and overpriced and shit

For that money you can buy a overkill board easily

3 Likes

Probably 3 phone batteries in series lol

1 Like

That’s kind of my point. I actually like the idea of a nimble board that could boost me to the shop at the end of my street. But fuck 2000euros.
I was actually thinking, if the minimum numbers you could squeeze out of 8cells is somewhat decent, I would think about DIYing a shitty version

2 Likes

8s * 1p * 3.6v * 4ah 21700 cells = 115wh pack. that’s boosted v1 range. it’ll get you somewhere.

11 Likes

Just go for an Exway X1 or TeamGee H5. Both will get you further down the road than a JayKay.

3 Likes

It’s not 8S, it’s two standalone 4S trucks.

1 Like

right. he was talking about building his own. my estimate is what was possible there.

but also 2x4s vs 1x8s is still 8 cells worth of energy. so for rough estimates. still the same range. wonder how many ah cells jaykay is using.

4 Likes

wow, the axels actually are the battery holders. crazy.

7 Likes

Another way to look at it is they say:

Certified for airtravel

Which I believe means means < 99wh

Range 12 km – 15 km (7.5 miles-10 miles)

so divide 99wh/12km and 99wh/15km

they are estimating you can get:
8.3 wh/km. to 6.6wh/km or
13.2 wh/mi to 10.6 wh/mi

if those seem real to you then then you know what kind of range you can get out of their 8 cells.

wh/km varies by rider and conditions and wheels by more than 2x in my opinion.

3 Likes

I have always taken the jaykay numbers to basically be “push assist” numbers.

8 Likes

This.

3 Likes

Teamgee are scammers

2 Likes

Sure, but what do you call unrealistic claims?

1 Like

Did they forget the decimal point for this toy level tech?

1 Like

I dont understand what you mean

Teamgee have taken peoples money then never shipped the board. Also the quality is abysmal

5 Likes

I second that.
Backed one of their Kickstarter for my first board ever.
Delivered with more than a year late, incomplete and after fighting them a lot. And from what I gathered, I was one of the lucky few to actually get it

1 Like