Jaykay Numbers, please discuss

I meant that if the JayKay numbers don’t stack up snd the board isn’t fit for purpose, in my view that’s scamming as well. Didn’t know about TeamGee’s KS dealings, so thanks for that.

Seemingly what you’re after is an esk8 that doesn’t look like one? The Exway X1 Pro fits that bill.

Otherwise if you just want an altogether better board, go for a @BuildKitBoards Spud or Duo.

1 Like

Nah I’m not actually actively after a board of any kind. Seeing this just prompted the idea of building something I could just jump on and carry one handed while I shop. So I was curious about how small a pack I could use.
Like with no constraint the be fast or super torquy

Eh problem is if you don’t exaggerate specs, people just look at other boards which might have the same capacity but a fake long range and say its better.
Not to mention I think jaykay is designed to be a assist more than a completely electric board. Given the weight I think thats not unreasonable, and in cruise mode mellow boards can hit the efficiency needed for that range… why not the jaykay? :confused:

3 Likes

For the same Wh battery? I guess if you go slow enough, anything can go quite far.

I’m just wondering how much does the JayKay depend on push assist.

They quote 35kph top speed, I’d love to see Mr. Average Joe push at that speed.

1 Like

Their tech is bleeding edge for the floor-plan, laugh all you want. For sure a traditional DIY board will leave this behind instantly. It’s a niche thing and way cool, not to be mocked IMO push assist is definitely it’s home ground.

Until such time as battery tech, catches up this is the pinnacle of discrete esk8 not performance esk8.

So who is going to make a Graphite hanger that holds a charge or self-powered hubs? Right…

+1 for cool remote

Edit: Hey it’s a thing!

9 Likes

If they had a decent cruise control, this would make for a great long distance push board. I’d be interested at $1000 or less. At this price, it doesn’t make sense. Unless you are filthy rich and live in some authoritarian state like Germany.

4 Likes

Literally everyone knows that no range rating is at top speed

Usually ratings have an asterisk with a footnote that says speed mode 2 on flat terrain at a constant speed or something like that. I don’t really believe in JayKay either or their model but it is innovation and innovation drives more innovation, so one day it might get somewhere. Sure this is only 8 ?18650? cells but the idea is neat

They aren’t scammers, it’s just not a great product. And you can’t argue that inflating specs is scamming - that’s totally different

1 Like

1 Like

That remote though

2 Likes

uhh just gotta be honest. My first board was powered by a 6S 4Ah lipo. I had two but killed one running in series. Even one ripped me around the block good enuff for a first board. I’m sure this would not satisfy anyone at all basically in the long term.

8S1P p42a wouldn’t be so bad… You could burst 1100w, and should be able to hold 800w continuous. Probably 7-10mi range on thane if you keep the top speed reasonable, maybe more on <=85mm.

2 Likes

Basically @pmg and @xsynatic is their target market?

3 Likes

exactly. I would love to use the Jaykay trucks.

6 Likes

Actually I think they could have a way better range than that

Just look at @Linny compact board getting less than 5 Wh/km

At low power levels, most of the losses are iron losses on the motor stator, but guess what? Jaykay motors are ironless, so they don’t have that, and the copper loses are spread over 4 motors

I don’t doubt they could get sub 4 Wh/km on moderate terrain and speed, maybe even less for 30+ km range

5 Likes

For me that would translate to 15km in slow mode.

I can get 30km out of a 230Wh pack on my hub motor board (210pounds)

3 Likes

I finally received it today in Los Angeles
fully charged it and test it
I got 9 miles from it in pro mode , I weight 235 pounds
The urethans are pretty good at 90mm 76a .
My only negative thing to say is actually the remote , I am not a fan of it because there is a clicker with the wheel and If you press it for more that 2 second by accident , then you will put it in setup mode and lose control of the board during that time . imagine going 30 miles and not have brakes .

29 Likes

That’s incredible, I would have never expected something like this to actually go 9 miles.

10 Likes

That’s awesome man, glad to see someone riding one! Keep us posted!

2 Likes

what the max speed on pro mode?

1 Like