Jaykay Numbers, please discuss

Same here as well… But it’s so damed expensive…

2 Likes

One interesting question is : would they pass the airport.l safety check

Wh rating should be good.

I am astounded that they pulled this off at all. This is an amazing achievement, hopefully they are reliable in the long run.

4 Likes

I’m buying one with a dead battery at half the price anytime :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

One step closer to being able to DIY something like these jaykay’s

Edit:

First step would be building it as a “plug and play” drivetrain. 2wd hubs with two of these squeezed in the truck baseplate. Battery sold separately.

3 Likes

@sofu . Did you have any issue with the Usb-c port ?
One of my Trucks doesn’t charge .
Lights and connections are all fine .
To be able to charge both trucks I have to switch the axles .
I already contacted Jaykay for a baseplate replacement .

2 Likes

now that I read the review, I wanted to get one but im too poor and my tayto might get left behind in a corner together with my x1pr :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I haven’t had any issues, but it sounds like you’ve owned it longer than I have…

1 Like

Btw this is what overheating looks like on the remote. Ignore the refresh rate thing making the screen look incomplete :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

How hot is it when it does that? Hot or insta-burn-hot?

1 Like

It’s fairly hot, uncomfortable to hold the truck hot

5 Likes

unnamed

6 Likes

No u

2 Likes

With a complete esk8 that only weighs around 6kg / 13.2lbs, why would you want to? Guess this is another benefit of JayKay trucks, actively discourages mall grabbing.

2 Likes

So let me get this straight, the truck is actually a heatsink for the motors as well? If so, this is the final episode of “Heatpipes”.

3 Likes

Yeah the trucks cool the motors as well as the esc

2 Likes

I’ll confess to the draw of these becoming greater over time for me. They are probably the most “analog like” esk8 product out there. With these, I can see my general skate skills becoming better over time as well.

At times they require foot braking, something I’m not doing now. You have to push off every time or no esk8ing. Uni-directional so if you have a board that looks the same on both sides, nothing changes. Does “normal” speed of fast longboarders.

Also, probably socially more acceptable, plus “no officer, this is just a skateboard”.

6 Likes

Asked the JayKay guys a couple of questions via email:

1. Are the trucks really cast aluminium?
  2. What makes them strong, while still being hollow?
  3. What’s the durometer of the stock bushings?
  4. How secure and stable is the BT remote signal?

A guy named Daniel came back with these answers today:

1. Yes, the trucks are really aluminium cast. We use a special aluminium alloy with tempering for maximum strength.

2. The inside hole is not a problem, the main strength is always on the outside (hollow or not). The point is the wall thickness and geometry. One single truck will break at a static force of 1000 kg.

3. We have three type of bushings: 85A, 90A, 95A all white or orange.

4. The remote signal is fundamentally stable. We had in the past one issue with a cell phone in the pocket near the ring while running BT earphones. If the signal is too weak, the trucks will roll (no break, no acceleration).

I sent some follow up questions and will post those and their answers soon.

19 Likes

isn’t that gonna bake the cells? I feel like that much heat is had for lifespan

2 Likes