Janux IC (Inter-Changeable) Dual Gear Drive

Does the gear drive also work with psychotillers “heXL TKP Split Angle Trucks”?

1 Like

Will find out soon, awaiting for @topcloud to send me his heXL TKP :wink:

4 Likes

Dang these look sweet!

do they have a lot less rolling resistance than belt/pulley set up? could they be the answer to push dreams?

3 Likes

Does this system seal well enough to run gear oil? Would be sweet to see it without being slimed up with grease.

I dont think so… you still get a small amount of grease that can come through so I feel like gear oil would definitely leak.

1 Like

V-ring does not completely seal the system from gear oil escaping. Grease is used instead.

@Janux-esk8 Any words the ones for SR TKP will work on psychotiller’s heXL trucks?

2 Likes

No space for pressfit mount …
No bearing in wheel adaptor possible too.

Until this happened (or maybe with another mount system … but gear need bearing I think):

2 Likes

A bit hick up on Karl side :expressionless:. Hopefully he’ll send them out soon.

2 Likes

Easily swapped out between urethane street wheels and AT pneumatic wheels such as 6x2 Aliexpress or Bergmeister

9 Likes

marc, have you gotten the hexl from karl yet? i got a set i could send your way for testing.

i’m on the fence between rkp or, if it works, for hexl. but i’d have to wait for you to confirm it works for hexl before i can make that decision.

also, how does the wheel pulley swap work on bergs? is there an adapter or they just work for abec and bergs?

1 Like

I have not received the hexl from Karl. I was told there was a recall on the hexl due to hanger bending issue.

I did have a chance to do a quick test fit with my current TKP adapter, hexl is a hair thicker than TKP hanger.

The issue with hexl is the axle length. It’s a standard length axle, don’t have the option of extended axles as TKP. Unfortunately, the short axle prevented hexl truck to work with my current TKP gear drive system. I would have to design a new adapter.

As for wheel swap, Abec Flywheel has its own pressfit adapter and spur gear mounting pattern. Berg has its own Quattro hub with its own spur gear mounting pattern. They both share the same truck adapter, motor plate, motor spur gear, and housing.

Quattro hubs were designed to fit either 6x2 Aliexpress tires or Berg :point_down:

2 Likes

ok, let’s leave it alone with hexl then for now.

rkp it is.

does this mean there will be a separate wheel pulley for bergs?

1 Like

Yes, there will be a separate spur wheel for both Flywheels and bergs.

Flywheel spur gear has 5-holes mounting pattern :point_down:

Berg or 6x2 Aliexpress tires with 4-holes mounting pattern :point_down:

3 Likes

Is the gearing the same for the two different wheels?

Above video showed the same 44t spur gear on both wheels. You could also swap out different sizes, 42-46t gear but adjustment to the wheel spur is necessary for proper meshing if size is different.

Veeerrryyy interesting. So what would you say is the expected gearing ratio’s possible/ offered?

Available wheel spurs: 15,16,17, and 18t.
Wheel spurs: 42, 43, 44, 45, and 46t.

Depending on the trucks, not all gear combination are possible due to interference of the hanger.

2 Likes

niice. suppose i should look out for that recall then…

1 Like