Janux IC (Inter-Changeable) Dual Gear Drive

Yay. That would be awesome. Let’s see what the man says

1 Like

Don’t know if any of my current adapters would fit BN hangers. I do have TB215 adapter, similar to Cal profile but a bit larger.

2 Likes

I do have an adapter for cnc TB hangers, but currently only for use on my new “Fully Enclosed Belt Drive System”. Have not yet tested on Gear Drive setup.

3 Likes

Aw man. I’ll be patiently waiting for the gd version of it!

3 Likes

Thx. I have a set of both hangers. I can take some measurements and see how similar they are and then make a decision. They’re supposed to be a straight swap. I’ll post some pics when I get a minute.

2 Likes

Could you let me know if they fit BN hangers, if so I’m definitely gonna be getting someee

1 Like

Unfortunately, it appears that the cal adapters won’t fit the BN hangers :cry: I discovered that another member @Bobby of the community has already tried and failed to make them fit

It’s likely bc the street side part of the BN hanger is a different shape than the cals

@Janux-esk8 if u ever decide to make a BN adapter I’m 100% in for a set of these drives.

2 Likes

@Janux-esk8 same here. What @Common_good just said If you ever make the adapter for BNs I’ll also definitely need a set.

Well honestly, the main reason they didn’t fit was the shoulder bolts. If you got the updated hangers with threads on both sides of the shoulder bolts, you may want to try, the adapter is a press fit but also had grub screws. Getting that part on was never an issue

2 Likes

How many versions of this BN hangers out there? Don’t really want to spend time on designing an adapter if there are constant changes on its hanger’s profile.

1 Like

No profile changes. Only thing that changed is the shoulder bolts as far as I know. Different hanger lengths and new improved shoulder bolts but same profile

2 Likes

Yea as @Bobby said no change in profile is pretty sure. We would best also have @Boardnamics confirm just to be safe. Don’t want you to waste your time or resources as you mentioned if there are indeed different profiles.

1 Like

Anyone wants to loan me their truck?

1 Like

As soon as @Anubis gets the new BN270s up on their site I’ll buy some (hopefully if they don’t run out) and send them your way.

Unless someone can get you some BN hangers sooner.

I’m happy to send u one but I’m waiting on fixed axles from @Boardnamics and I’m also in Canada so it would be a while before it got to u… If there’s anyone in the Cont US that would be better I think… If there’s no takers, DM me @Janux-esk8 and I’ll send it your way.

1 Like

Coming soon, gear drive on TB precision cnc trucks :point_down:

17 Likes

well that’s fucking beautiful… needs silver motors

Can’t wait to get them. :call_me_hand:

Count me on for these…

1 Like

Finally…, gear drive on TB cnc trucks :point_down:

Specs:

• TB cnc precision trucks
  • Dual 6374 motors
  • Possible 20 gear ratios, motor gear (15, 16, 17, and 18t), wheel gear (42, 43, 44, 45, 46t)
  • Anodized T6 aluminum motor plate
  • Acetal Delrin (POM) housing
  • Kit price, $345 (trucks, wheels, and motors not included)

Installation how-to:

Remove the truck’s axle from the hanger

Locate truck adapter and motor plate

Determine best angle for your mount then affix motor plate to adapter with loctite

Remove motor plate/adapter, loosely install your motors

Slip the assembly back onto the hanger

Re-install the truck’s axle with loctite

Locate motor pulley and 3mm key

Prepare a shim, about 0.5 to 1mm thick

Place shim between the motor plate and motor pulley, don’t forget to insert 3mm key

Torque down the setscrew with loctite

Locate wheel spur gear, bolt on plate, and 608 alignment bearing

Slip bolt on plate to hub

Loosely install gear to wheel

Insert the temporary 608 bearing into the gear

Slip the assembly onto the axle

Lock down the axle nut and 5 bolts. This step is done to axially align the wheel gear to the axle.

Remove the wheel/gear assembly and the temporary 608 bearing from the gear

Locate and install the 688 bearing onto the axle

Re-install the wheel/gear assembly onto the axle

Adjusting the gear backlash by inserting a 1 ply piece of paper, squeezing the wheel and motor spur together

While squeezing the 2 gears, loctite and torque down the outer bolts

Remove the wheel/gear assembly, loctite and torque down the inner motor bolts

Locate POM housing and Teflon rub plate

Install Teflon rub plate to POM housing

Remove the spur gear from wheel, insert it to the housing

Locate the o-ring and slip over the shoulder of the gear

Loosely install the housing/gear assembly back onto the wheel

Re-insert the temporary 608 bearing onto the spur gear

Lock down axle nut and tighten the 5 bolts. This is the final step to axially align the spur gear to the axle. Gears meshing also have the proper backlash.

Remove the wheel assembly and temporary 608 bearing

Re-insert 688 bearing onto the axle

Apply grease to gears, re-install wheel assembly onto the axle

Affix housing with bolts and torque down the axle nut

Voila!

15 Likes