IWonder Pulley for HUB motors

I just got this backfire g3 and would love to give them a test

I would be interested to know how this setup handles in grass or soft dirt.

1 Like

I’d imagine owners of the 90mm (ownboard/wowgo/meepo v2) hub motors and possibly the meet v3 and backfire g3 would be the target market for this type of thing. I hope they do a ton of rigorous stress testing before releasing this to the public.

2 Likes

so this is basically a really simple dd conversion kit

So basically this

000 (4)

15 Likes

That’s a cheeky bit of leverage to add to the face of a hub motor. I suppose you could take the sleeves off and run a smaller wheel so torque might be ok. Be interesting to see how this turns out.

3 Likes

I’m a little confused or just not getting something, you need longer axles than your hub motors currently sit on for this to work? is there an axle extension thingy included? am I asking nonsense?

5 Likes

It could be a truck or hanger that had the square hub locker and a long shaft.

Shape reminds me of surf rodz

right so this needs a specific truck and hub the can be set further back on the axle to expose enough to fit a wheel?
or a hub truck with replaceable axles?

I just don’t see how this could work on any of the hubs posted above as they are, without putting them on different trucks 🤷

1 Like

I think the axle is built into the adapter.

3 Likes

Probably but that’s even scarier since the wheel isnt sitting on an actual axle

5 Likes

It would defiantly be putting a lot of stress on the makeshift axel.

1 Like

I mean, i guess this is better than those dudes hacking those meepo 3D printed AT hubs. But yeah, I dont understand how this is supposed to work without a longer axle.

2 Likes

Don’t these actually distribute the stress onto the actual hubs and not only where the adapter connects to the outer edge of the hub?

2 Likes

Systems like this do

The one this thread is about does not seem to do so.

Why cant all hub motors have at least a hub cap / cover with a screw / bolt position and number standard??? This should be done! Way too many variations out there.

2 Likes

This adapter looks like all the stress will be on the bolts attaching the adapter to the outside of the hub motor. We’ll see

2 Likes

I cannot imagine a situation where this would not look completely ridiculous once installed.

Is that why there are no pictures of it installed besides the side profile?

This sketches me out a lot :joy:

4 Likes

yeah super leveraged wheel with no extended axle depending on 6 m4 screws doesn’t seem good XD

1 Like

I suspect the cloudwheels death-core was not deadly enough :joy:

4 Likes