Iwonder donut for meepo hubs

I noticed pieces of the plastic breaking off almost immediately but rode them for about 200 miles. Steadily getting more vibration from them until failure. In an unrelated hub motor failure (too much spice, can’t handle the heat) i disassembled the hub and got nothing but shattered plastic left of the interfacing part. It’s too bad because i was hoping they would work.

8 Likes

@xsynatic look at this crap

1 Like

Were these donuts marketed as being compatible with Meepo hubs?

Was it the correct version or model of Meepo motor?

1 Like

They were correct, the fitment of the donuts was very good for the initial install.

I think if i had slapped a bit of adhesive on the wheel and hub (silicone or something low duro) it could have helped them stay together after the failure but the plastic is so brittle i don’t know how it would prevent this failure.

I ride my boards really hard but never drop off curbs or jump or anything like that kind of shock load but i feel like they should hold up better than this.

2 Likes

200 miles is roughly 14 years of skating for most people here so not bad at all really.

6 Likes

320km

4 Likes

122724 hours

6 Likes

Definitely not a huge fan of the donuts. Mine started delaminating after a couple hundred miles…

edit: they did replace them tho which was cool, the newer set didn’t delam

1 Like

Ive often considered trying to mine this place to build a bot based on @b264 replies …starting to wonder if @b264 might already have this built :joy:

Its good you didnt , I suspect iwonder would have blamed it for weakening things - have you contacted them?

4 Likes

I emailed them but they have had time to reply yet. I’ll report back when they respond.

And 200 miles is 8 rides for me. If it took me 1 year to do that I would get a sad, but it is an indication of how hard im riding.

Wtf

What version hub motors are you using? The ones that just released recently or the ones from the V3?

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have been looking for replacement sleeves for some time too.
I have a board with four times V3 hub motors. Turns out that meepo doesn’t sell sleeves for them anymore so do you have alternative suggestions what fits the meepo V3 Hubs?

90mm v3 sleeves are available atm. 100mm were too but they are sold out.

Do you have experience with the 90mm at speed? The 100mm have some vibrations after around 45km/h

I think they are v3 hubs, if I remember correctly i got them just about the time the hurricane came out but i got them with the trucks and no
board. They are the 100mm ones. I didn’t have vibration issues with them until the donuts started breaking down.

In all honesty I don’t think they dissipate heat well enough to last with the cloud wheels… but I ride them hard on hills and fast for long distances. More metered use would probably be ok. Nothing kills a hub like 2000’ of elevation gain over 20 miles. Not a huge fan of their trucks either, one of the screws on the mounting plate is too close to the edge and cracks and they don’t consider it a manufacturer defect.

Sauce:

1 Like

Yes those are the V3 I got the same ones. If you run them 2wd you can’t expect to much. 4wd however they are great. What current are you running? I use 50A per motor. Continuous that would be way to much but since its a 4wd it only really uses like 10-20A continuous.

1 Like

I was running just 2 of them with the Meepo v3 esc, Hobbywing i think. I was going to try and put together a 4wd setup before the donuts died. The road conditions make running just the 100mm sleeves kind of hard on my feets. I need the larger diameter wheels for comfort reasons. I may just slap the thing together and ride it till it dies as I do really like the feel and stealth of the hubs… so quiet

3 Likes

currently working on a loaded vanguard direct drive build for similar reasons - I love a stealthy, low resistance ride… revel sells their DD motors for a great price if you want a good upgrade from the hubs. wheel options etcetc

2 Likes

They get hot fast

1 Like

Im pretty sure you can’t mount the direct drive drop through making the whole board higher. Ideally I would just like better Meepo V3 selves.

2 Likes