Issues with my first build. Wheel bite. Need advice

TB trucks on Hurricane deck. Deck originally has DKPs and those sit further out form the board.

What are my options?

1 Like

Higher, further, or wider are your options.

Risers, extenders, or longer hangers. Each has pros and cons.

9 Likes

wheels are on backwards

8 Likes

No that’s the right pattern for sand and gravel

4 Likes

Assuming wider trucks or deck mods are out of the question, risers or different wheels.

2 Likes

You could try some wedges

1 Like

That would change geometry when risers will create distance without changing angles.

Indeed just an option

Looks like there is a lot of room on the back axel maybe some spacers

Do you think it would be fine to drill new holes somewhere along where I marked?

1 Like

Doing that means I will need to move the motor pulley further out as well?

You could flip it, the motor pulley, might give u .25 inches of clearance

1 Like

IMHO no, it would not, unless you know what’s going in inside that composite OR you added more composite, in the latter case it’d be better to just rebuild the whole ends (as @glyphiks did)

It MIGHT be okay but without knowing how this is internally, it’s hard to say. It could be light foam with a thin carbon skin at some of those locations, or it could be carbon covered wood or it could be solid carbon composite, you just don’t know.

Can you find any photos on the internets of this deck broken or cut open?

5 Likes

I will check but it is quite heavy, doubt there’s a lot of foam, if any at all…

1 Like

Smaller wheels will solve it. Not really the right deck shape for pneumys on rkp.

9 Likes

You could try paris v3 baseplates. They have more wheelbase offset than most rkp baseplates, though im not sure if it will be enough.

If it were me, I’d sell those and get @Savage1 tkps which are confirmed to fit and are a great riding truck

Don’t drill that deck

5 Likes

Two bits of really good advice there.

2 Likes

I got a 3d file for a wheelbase extender if ur interested. Lemme know and I can dig it up for you

2 Likes

As someone who isn’t even the biggest fan of TKP, I would still recommend this also.

2 Likes

Very expensive and I JUST got these trucks, bought used :slight_smile: I’ll first try and make them work, see how they ride.

1 Like

Fair enough!
I’d say the best option is a wheelbase extension bracket as @amanuelamanuel showed, though it should be aluminum/steel.

2 Likes