Issue connecting Flipsky VX2 on Vesc tool

imma highjack this thread and ask a similar question, is there a point in using the vx1 in uart or does the receiver have that option in case its a vx2?

1 Like

“technically” the receiver of vx2 has the pinout for ppm (pwm) control, but i have yet found a way to “activate” it

and for vx1 receiver, u can use UART / ppm, and it will accept both

Is there a point of using uart on the vx1?

depends, for example, i have a unity that used with the vx1 exclusively in uart mode because i can have reverse mode. but apart from that, i don’t see any advantages over ppm mode, even cruise control works in ppm mode :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

My esk8 news app bugged the crap out and it posted a weird reply so imma rewrite this

Ty for the response, I stopped using cruise control once I almost went flying as it’s a pain to exit it. I also don’t use reverse, so I may use the freed up uart for something in the future.

1 Like

either throttle forward or brake will exit CC, but yes CC isn’t that useful and i don’t see a need for it. having the uart port for other device (metr / robogotchi) would be better in most case

Thank you so much. Ill try and use vesc tool to change to UART. Not sure how to but Ill look it up. Youre a lifesaver

Thank you! I did all the remote settings but still no luck. Im gonna try what the guy above you said and activate the UART port

They do weird things sometimes. Mine recently was reading incorrect but then started working with no change of settings haha

Having the same problem with the VX2 and Stormcore 60D+. Everything is connected and the throttle wheel on the remote isn’t working. The Stormcore has been programmed.

1 Like

Has the pins receiver been matched with pins on VESC?

If not 5v to 5v, gnd to gnd, rx to rx and tx to tx you should have the pin layout on the receiver and one on the vesc

@joshoujoe May be wrong. Do green and orange need to be flipped on the ESC side? Here are some pictures, maybe you can confirm.

1 Like

How did you switch them around?

1 Like

Once you use smart reverse there’s no going back. Any board without it feels like junk lol

4 Likes

yep you need to switch them take a small thin that can fit in the white plug you lift the little tab to get the pin out

1 Like

Thanks a ton man!!

1 Like

Np also you don’t need to (can’t ) program the remote with the vesc tool if you use UART

1 Like

better to calibrate the thumb wheel in the vx2 setting…
its definitely not speaking from personal experience…definitely not

1 Like

I’m using this pinout and there’s no ppm signal when setting input on UART or PPM and UART

My vx2 is on FSESC mode

APP to use: UART

No signal from remote to real time data while moving the remote throttle

I switched the rx and tx I believe.