Issue connecting Flipsky VX2 on Vesc tool

Hey guys I have been trying to program my remote to my board but I am having troubles in the pulselenght maping of the the remote, I think

This values don’t change and for what I have seen they are supposed to

I am using a stormcore D60, I have also tried to use an old remote, but it happens the same thing

Do you guys have any suggestions?

It gives me this error

Even when I have the RT APP function turn on

VX2 don’t work in PPM mode, only in UART, and in UART mode, VX2 has its own calibration setting in remote

4 Likes

Thank’s I will look in to it know

Yep. The man is correct.

I’m still having trouble connecting it
This is my first time using the Vesc toll and I don’t know what to do

What do I have to do to connect it?

1 Like

Problem solved
In the end it was only the RX and TX cables that were inverted
Thanks to @frame for helping me discover problem

3 Likes

Hey guys, I am new in this forum and I hope you can help me out with my problem:

I use the following parts:
Focbox Unity
Flipsky VX2

I connected everything correctly and run through the vesc tool process.
Everything works fine except the the speed control.
When i push the wheel on the VX2 slightly the wheels begin to turn with full speed.
It jumps more or less from 2-3km/h to 45km/h.
I used in the general settings the tab PPM and UART Mode
I did more or less exactly the same like the guys from propulsion boards with their demon 2.0

Does anyone know how to solve this problem and get the right sensitivity for the VX2

Thanks in advance

1 Like

VX2 only has and only work in UART mode, and what u r describing sounds like a bench test with no load, that “speed jump” can happen. Try to ride it on flat ground with safety gear, and it should work like normal.

1 Like

So should i change the tab to UART or stay with PPM and UART

And in other words the VX2 can’t be programmed with the mapping tab in vesc tool, it is more or less plug and play?

u can keep it like that, it doesn’t affect the VX2

yes

Thanks a lot i will try this as soon as possible;)

1 Like

wear safety gear

3 Likes

Thanks for your advice everything works great now;)

1 Like

glad i can help

1 Like

I have a similar issue. I have a Kaly XL40 with a Stormcore 60D ESC and tried installing the Flipsky VX2 in the UART port. I inverted the rx/tx wires. It pairs with the board fine, but board battery meter and throttle/brake does not work. Is there anything more that I need to do?

First you should trade the UART port wires to the remote receiver, and make sure the all the pins are going to the right place. RX, TX, 5V, Grnd, etc.

Then you have to go into VESC Tool or the Unity tool and change the App input to UART, since the Kaly used a VX1, which would have been using PPM input.

Then write your configurations and test from there.

1 Like

You need to calibrate the remote too. Hold the bottom button down to get into settings. Once you’ve entered battery info, wheel size and gears it should then display the correct info.

1 Like