ISO Battery Builders for OneWheel XR specifically

I still would recommend ordering from @Chibatterysystems. He’s been building packs for years, has hundreds of reviews, and is pretty active on both facebook and this forum for any questions and concerns. And even if he’s hired employees to build packs, I’d trust them over someone relatively new on reddit but that’s just my opinion

But if you waaaaant. You can nicely ask @ZachTetra, @Skyart, or @BenjaminF if they’re willing to tackle a onewheel battery :wink:

3 Likes

I’m always up for a build, though I tend to agree with Jujo that going with someone who has experience building the specific pack you are looking for like Chi does might be the better option. If you want though, feel free to PM me and I can give you a quote :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same boat as MrMobster, if you wanna give me some specs and dimensions I’d be happy to give it a whirl, but I have no idea what goes into a OneWheel battery so it’s a bit of a risk

It looks like its just a 15s3p 18650?

1 Like

Yea 15s3p 18650. I forgot what cell they use but I’m sure it’s one of the higher capacity LG ones. If you want, I can send you my stock pack and battery compartment if you’re interested in branching out to onewheel battery mods, but it will be a little bit more work than the usual packs we build. Also polarity is reversed on the XT60 so just double check :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I took a quick look and it seems to be a high discharge LiNiMnCoO battery, so it looks like any powerhouse cell like a P26A or VTC5 would be a good replacement, but maybe a 30Q would be enough

What makes them so special? I’ve never seen one but I imagine it’s just a double stack brick

The stock battery connectors are backwards!?

1 Like

@ZachTetra Feel kinda dirty stealing this from his site buuuuuut there’s no monopoly in battery making.
it’s 10.5Ah so it’s gotta be Sanyo NCR18650GA. My usual range is about 20miles, but apparently some people have been able to go 35+ miles after the upgrade which is ridiculous. Same BMS and apparently it’ll read just fine in the OW app
And yea, it’s reversed on the stock connector. Someone tried to build their own battery without checking polarity (because we just assume it’s standard) and blew up everything lol

1 Like

Do you have any idea how much power a OneWheel uses? The NMC battery chemistry is about 2Ah 20A so switching to NCR18650GA is half the max power output for 75% more range

2 Likes

Honestly no idea. I’m sure it measures that in the app somewhere but I only use my OW to take out the trash now or get mail

Lol an appropriate use for a device with an interior number of wheels

1 Like

Well it’s just too much work to put on clothes to do chores so my OW cuts the time I’m naked in public by half :sunglasses:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

750W lol

it is usually under 15-30A I think

tbh I think the internal battery being upgraded to a 15S2P 2170 is good enough and anything further should be done outside of the internal battery case. Throwing an extra 30 cells or so on the fender seems to work just fine.

If you guys have any questions ask away!

1 Like

I’ve got a few liFePo4 BMS for $25 shipped

Can I have a CBXR for free :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Of course :grin:

3 Likes

I have half a mind to try and hunt down a damaged OneWheel with a dead battery for cheap and bring it back to life…it looks like it would be fun. I could never do an EUC but this looks reasonable

2 Likes

Hey bara have you ever considered making a XL custom rear float plate with a deep cut out allowing some kind of dumb thicc battery to be made by cutting out the bottom of the battery case?

Not sure what’s reasonable or over the top but triple stack 2170 would be cool.

I have been hunting but the problem is they all replace the packs with ones from wheels broken besides the batt.

or dope ones from @Chibatterysystems

1 Like

If you’re super interested, I could send you mine to try out for a few months. I was planning on sending someone my battery module anyways to try and figure out the cell layout

1 Like