ISO Battery Builders for OneWheel XR specifically

Just to address the original question:

I do Onewheel battery rebuilds and the XXR mod for increased range and torque.

6 Likes

Where are you located? Do customers ship you the battery or the entire unit? XR only or earlier models also?

What would be really cool is to ship a companu like your a broken battery wiht all the cells removed. Then to get a rebuilt battery backin the mail.

I think battery rebuilds would be an awesome service because future motion requires the entire unit shipped making repairs very expensive. Its also uncofortable sending an entire unit to the factory so soon after BoostedBoards and Enertion closed down with so many units in service being unrecoverable to customers. Covid just increases those risks. Shipping an entire unit from outside the US is just so expensive and its no longer possible to cross the border to access less expensive shipping rates.

In Chicago, USA
Normally they just ship me the battery and just the XR

1 Like

Cool. Good to know. Thanks. Mine is a plus.

1 Like

Anytime!

Also, your “board banks” are super cool. What a great idea to carry a mobile power supply for recharging your one wheel or electric long board away from AC power.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Did you get the battery fixed?

I have locate a used battery. I will also try to individually charge the cells in the damaged battery. I’m waiting for single cell chargers to arrive from China. I’m pretty sure that won’t work, but it should help me to identify the damaged cells in case I want to try to replace them. I think a local battery shop could do that for me so that I don’t have to by my own spot welder.

1 Like

Can you explain to me what the two parts of the board bank are. The big box is obviously the battery. Does it have controls to set the peak charge voltage? And the smaller box. Is that just the wall charger for the board bank? So you only need to take the bigger box with you when you go riding. Am I correct?

Just as a general update to this thread, I now sell a drop in replacement battery for the Onewheel xr.

5 Likes

Yes, the small charger is the charger for the boardbank. Which as been updated now actually so I’ll be updating those pictures when I can.

I am also working on a smaller version of the boardbank. I’m very excited about it

Any plans for a dropin battery for the Plus?

1 Like

Yes there are plans but I currently do offer a rebuild for the plus.

Aha! What does that cost? Is it an apples for apples rebuild or are the cells stronger?
Does a customer send in onlty the battery or the entire unit?

The rebuild uses original A123 26650 cells which I think are being manufactured by a company who bought a123 after they went under

You need to just send the housing/battery or the battery alone

3 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

I’m looking for an instructional video to perform this modification. Does anyone know of one?

2 Likes

there is a XT60 in between the battery - BMS -and the connector that goes to the OW Controller.

Just unplug the BMS and the battery can hook up directly.

1 Like

Interesting. So the OW does not mind that the communications cable that runs from the computer to the BMS is connected to nothing? Cool.

What is the best way to estimate the remaining range?