Is there currently any quality DIY complete kits available

I can sell the kit without the deck. The enclosure fits most other decks (haven’t had a customer say it dosnt). In the most recent review on the site a guy put it on a landyatchz Evo falcon

10 Likes

If you end up going for the Evo I have an enclosure for that deck for sale.

4 Likes

electricboardsolutions sells kits too. Based in BE

2 Likes

Cheers guys , Ref style of deck I’m after . Really I would like a wood/bamboo deck like the evolve gtr shape ,I’m not that fussed on carbon boards but did like the trampa Orrsom board . But can’t afford it complete . Maybe as a deck,trucks, motors and mounts etc less the battery ,vesc , remote and charger . But then could I still make that into a good board ?
Finally ref the landyachtz evo board with Jared’s enclosure . I’ve seen it done and don’t like the fit . The rear end tapers and the enclosure looks awkward IMO .
I’ll price up a trampa Orrsom without electrics but just motors tonight but I think it will still be to high .
But that sort of style is what I like .

Can see photo of our deck and part on this forum if searching.

This could be a good start and then an easy upgrade when you have the funds

As in all you need to have a beast board is another VESC and motor mount+motor

Or @PixelatedPolyeurthan is selling this
WTS | EU | Custom Evolve CGT - Must Go -
all you need to do is get a VESC and you got a sweet build

3 Likes

What kind of board are you after

2 Likes

for the kit of electr board sol (@EboardSolutions ), you are to source your own deck (if you go for the street kit. Dont take the deck, it was a bit limiting wheel wise. Street kit eh, not talking about his offroad kit as I have no exp with it. Looks good when he joins us during Karting sessions), so you are free of choice here (look at MarkOneBoards (@MarkOneBoards ) his deck deals. He has good euro prices for almost all decks. Or use his own designed Manta :wink: :wink: )

5 Likes

i would also recommend electricboardsolutions.com

frederic is very friendly/competent and helps with repairs etc… you get a lot of value from purchasing there

4 Likes

Cheers guys , Ref style of deck I’m after . Really I would like a wood/bamboo deck like the evolve gtr shape ,I’m not that fussed on carbon boards but did like the trampa Orrsom board . But can’t afford it complete . Maybe as a deck,trucks, motors and mounts etc less the battery ,vesc , remote and charger . But then could I still make that into a good board ?
Finally ref the landyachtz evo board with Jared’s enclosure . I’ve seen it done and don’t like the fit . The rear end tapers and the enclosure looks awkward IMO .
I’ll price up a trampa Orrsom without electrics but just motors tonight but I think it will still be to high .
But that sort of style is what I like .

1 Like

trampa orsom? Isnt that flat flat flat?
Mehhh… :smiley:

1 Like

What kind of wheels?

About as flat as plank from Ed Ed and Eddy

OP, if you can’t do the battery under the board like you want to, why not settle for the deck, motors, drivetrain and wheels you want, and use a topmount meepo ER battery + Lingyi BELT ESC

The battery and ESC are decent for the money and it’s likely that you’ll end up spending 2k pounds on a specced out trampa

Or you could do the smart thing and buy a meepo, discover what about it you enjoy and dislike, and then use that as a 500ish dollar stepping stone to greatness.

I’ve built 3 boards, finishing my 4th, and I finally think I’ve got exactly what I want nailed down. I’m easily 5000usd into the hobby, and until that board is done I’ve got nothing to show for it. :man_shrugging:t2:

Just make sure you don’t spend hella money on something you won’t like in a week is all I’m saying

5 Likes

@Fozworth69 try this, the Ownboard W2 kit (no deck)…pick up any deck you want as long as it is wide enough for the enclosures and you can just bolt it down

You may want to buy a long lead you can tape down between the enclosures to connect the battery and ESC

2 Likes

And what I think is what you want, a bottle nose symmetrical bamboo deck, 91cm

https://www.longboardsuk.com/indy-36-double-kick-drop-through-bamboo-blank-deck.html

Surely he wants a bit of quality lol

3 Likes

You can buy a Blem 42inch vanguard straight from loaded in the states for 150ish (I think? Going off memory), I doubt the price is that different in the UK, not taking V(ast)A(ss)T(earing) into account.

Loaded makes that quality shit :ok_hand::ok_hand:

I don’t really get the whole DIY “kit” thing.
Part of the fun of DIY is picking all the parts that suit your needs and budget best.
The bkb kit is the only complete kit would consider buying honestly.

3 Likes

Right guys ,I best put you in the pic a bit . So I’m 49 years old Sk8’d regular boards consistently since I was like 4 and the last 20 years mainly carvey cruiser boards with mostly wood/bamboo decks some drop through some not oh and my fav board being a retro LibTech . About 4 years ago I bought a pretty basic eboard after having a go on a mates then purchased a Chinese job but want fussed then bought a Evolve bamboo gtx which I liked apart from the signal drop and sag but otherwise great fun . I’ve just bought s Bustin Sportster V2 x as it seemed a good package (good sales push anyway) but was gutted with the performance so have returned it . I’ve got a Boosted stealth to tie me over Which is what is smooth and gets me about but it’s not really me .
So I’m after a similar look and style to my old gtx but faster ,more reliable and individual .
Hence I thought this Groupe would be a great place . However I’m not wanting to spend hours and hours and mega buck on a build as I’ve got to many other projects plus wife n kids to consider .
I saw Trampa Orrsom and thought wow but the price is way over £1000
And so I was considering the BKB kit but for reasons above still not sure .:call_me_hand:

2 Likes

We got some parts on www.esk8supply.shop. The taxes for the UK are prepaid if that’s a concern.
You can play with Samsung 30Q packs (10s4p/12s3p) and we got shit loads of wheel choices.
Not sure if you like double kingpin trucks or not, but you can do a more powerful evolve style belt drive or direct drive build with us. Send me a Dm if you need help, but be quick because it’s chinese new years next week. :sweat_smile:
@BigBen has some sick deck/ enclosure combos in the UK :+1: