Is the Trampa Carver with Mini Spring Trucks Stable Enough for 40mph? Advice Greatly Appreciated!

I wouldn’t go bigger than 7" with the mini trucks, too narrow. Also as others mentioned it’s very tight for 6374 motors and the precision of the hangers are not the best which is bad for motor mounts.

The carver deck is very flexy which is comfy for carving but not the best for higher speed.

If you want to jump (or ride off-road) then the enclosure should be on top (which is bad if you ride without bindings).

Or in other words, when I read your posts it seems neither the carver deck nor the mini trucks are the right choice.

I ride a carver deck with mini trucks for commuting and like it on the streets. For offroad I have a regular MTB and for jumping another light weight MTB. All boards are very different.

If I were you I probably would build 2x 2WD boards instead of 1 4WD, one for the streets and one for off-road/jumping. It’s difficult to have everything in one board.

1 Like

I’m certainly discovering that. Not sure if I can afford 2 separate boards atm though lol.

2 Likes

My Paladin 2wd gets 44mph 20miles range, it can jump, it can grind, it can track, and it can hill climb.
But it’s not water proof or mud proof. I built mine in an effort to destroy it at skateparks. Ended up with a Tank.

~NullBlox "Skate, Destroy, Rebuild, Refine, Repeat!"

I think you can make a dual pretty close if not up to par with most 4wd’s imo.
You don’t need 4wd to hit 40mph+ it can just help with heat/efficiency from my experience.
This as usual depends how you spec it.

Id say it’s expensive. XD