Is the Trampa Carver with Mini Spring Trucks Stable Enough for 40mph? Advice Greatly Appreciated!

What Zach said.

I like my trampas. But only because I got them in a trade rather than a purchase. If I were in the market I’d fuck Trampa and stick with a company that isn’t such a huge pain. I’ve only heard bad things about their customer service unfortunately.

Mbs seems like the better way to go

5 Likes

Personally if you want to run 8" and channel trucks, buy this stuff

It comes stock with the metal baseplates and the Pro 97 is a hair longer than the Comp 95 so more stability

2 Likes

I’m working on a build with the mini trucks and the trampa carver deck,

i don’t know about the trucks bit the deck makes it feel less safe at speed : i definitly need concave (and additional width) before i could think about going faster than 35km/h
Also it’s a lot smaller than i thought

2 Likes

You can use these they fit mega-superstars but you need spacers

1 Like

Not sure if you have used that setup before, but do you happen to know what the turn radius is like? Also I’m curious, if channel trucks are unstable, then why are they so widely used for mountain boards over more traditional trucks?

mountain boards are meant to be tough and go over really rough terrain. Rkp isn’t too good for off-road

1 Like

Is it that damages the rkp trucks or is it more like its a less bumpy, more pleasant experience to ride rough terrain on mtb trucks?

channel trucks adjust better to uneven ground, rkp will have less predictable turning because of the way it is designed to tilt

I wouldn’t worry too much about the damage unless you do jumps

1 Like

I was planning to do jumps :grimacing:
Do you know what sort of turn radius I could expect from matrix 2s?

Matrix II is great stuff, they have at most a 2mm turn radius, maybe less if you have red shock blocks

Just get an MBS complete, then you can swap parts based on how they respond

I had a Comp 95 and it was great (just bulky)

1 Like

I have vertigo trucks with barrels, mbs matrix II, TB 180, Independent, goldwing, etc…Going that speed for trucks made for all terrain ti is quite dangerous, more if your are using bindings…They are not ment to be race trucks…If you want to know more about speed and esk8, ask @MoeStooge. By the other hand, I use chanel trucks with a street carver, added some modified curved pads (3d printed in nylon to make the board stiffer) and getting less woobling at high speed…I also use bindings in the city…The truth is that you need to know how to go fast, relax your body and let it go…But if you crash at that speed with my set up, your are gone for good bro…So…If you want to jump, and have fun and enjoy the benefits of a mountainboard hybrid style…keep your speed in control or build two boards for your needs…Your life and health is more important than anything…Remmember…if you are strapped you are trapped…please be safe…

4 Likes

@NullBlox

2 Likes

I mean Yes of course but that may just be me that love them so much that I don’t find them sketchy at speed sure that’s something to get use to but I love them and TBH I ride fast most of the time between 30 - 50 mph (I only use one binding in the front and a S2)

1 Like

The setup will be stable but can be less stable in some situations.
I would rather have a semi stiff deck with med tight trucks.

When you hit high speeds with the flexy deck all will be fine,… sometimes.
When you hit random dips in terrain or need to hold turn, the flex can cause you issues.
When turning high speeds, you will begin bending the deck towards the ground, IE flex.
This flex can cause a rubber band like effect on corners at high speeds.
Trying to combat that flex and rebound from springs/bushings etc can be impossible.
You will get fling the F^% off the board or be very lucky to save it.
(Boosted Stealth at 35mph+ learned a lot on that board.)

Now with a stiffer setup, you can lean into the turn and only have the springs/bushings to hold you back.
This is where on normal RKP trucks I use a gum drop bushing rd side. This allows me to hold the
turn without the bushing giving me the rebound to center. I want to be in control not the board.

Now with a Spring setup, or shock block. You really cant combat the rebound to center.
Rebound is not always bad and some riders its a must.
Some need for it to center in a predicable way without effort.
I like it when I lean, it stays leaned. Some like it to lean and feel the pushing of the spring/bushings pressure against their feet. I don’t like the board pushing on me, its just preference.

Main point Flex can go 40+ but its not the best for it.
With that said, we all did strap motors on skateboards. XD

1 Like

So I shouldn’t be going 38-44Mph on my MBS…

Feels sooOOoo damn tasty though!
2 Likes

Hope you’re wearing gear to slide in and impact pads if you’re hoping to go that fast…
I don’t have mini trucks, but I’ve been really happy with what barrels do to springs trucks on the road.
I’d also consider boardnamics 270 hangers on adj baseplates. Low angles RKP is real stable at high speed.

1 Like

Pffff… :face_with_hand_over_mouth::roll_eyes::joy:

3 Likes

JAaaaaa , no sir…you should do what ever you want! Opinions matters within the forum…And everyone is responsable for their acts…!

All of this, absolutely one of the best esk8 experiences ever

1 Like

So basically when you’re in a turn on mtb trucks they want to push back towards going in a straight line, but on rkp trucks like the FB320s they’re sorta ok with turning and don’t resist so much?

I have a bunch of experience on a stock boosted board - is turning on that more similar to mtb or rkp trucks?

I defiantly feel it pushing back when I’m turning, but that might just be what a skateboard does lol.