Is the Trampa Carver with Mini Spring Trucks Stable Enough for 40mph? Advice Greatly Appreciated!

I’m planning out my first build, and I need some advice.

The current plan is to make a 4wd build on a Trampa Street Carver Deck with Mini Spring trucks and 8in street wheels

I’m going to gear the 4 190kv 6374s at 4:1 for a rough speed of 42 mph according to the esk8 calculator.

Is this deck + trucks combination going to feel unstable at speed?

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

1 Like

Press X to doubt?

Channel trucks are not meant to go fast, you want really stuff urethane eggs if you do, and if you’re a heavy rider you’re more likely to wobble but if you’re well equipped you can try

1 Like

Definitely get rid of the springs. The trucks are fine with barrels. I swapped just the front to barrels. It’s pretty right but with the right tuning it’s achievable

Most stable I’ve ever ridden was on @ahravs board. Hit 45 or something like that. Maybe follow his setup of you got the need

4 Likes

Well i’ve myself hot a carver with the mini trucks also have 6374’s, i miss the motor mounts but i doubt that you’ll be able to fit 6374’s on anything else than the trampa carver mounts. You should definitely NOT get the mini ones, i go downhill on it in my town hit about barelly 20 miles per hour and it ain’t that stable (i’m a noob tho so maybe thats why) if you want mini trucks tho i’d happily sell mine to you lol

2 Likes

What barrels/springs do you have on it?

1 Like

I haven’t bought anything yet, so I could use pretty much anything. I forgot to mention it in the post but I’m planning to use the Trampa barrels. I’m pretty new to all of this - is there a better option?

1 Like

Absolutely there are better ways. Trampa trucks are not for speed. Quite a few hooligans have need for speed. @CiscoV comes to mind as well.

Usual recipe is Evo or equivalent deck with precision trucks on metro tires and good hubs.

5 Likes

Well. Things might be a little different now with new barrels. I mean. I assume they’re close to mbs matrix 2 in stability Right. But as stated above. There are better ways to achieve 40mph without feeling the sketchiness of channel trucks lol

5 Likes

What about LaCroix HyperTrucks?

4 Likes

Stop it brother. Pls don’t make me go there :rofl:

10 Likes

Thats fair. My setup is fine right up to 35/40 trampa ultimate trucks, front barrels and rear springs.

@ZachTetra you need to ask @Cyanoacrylate if he’s made of $ first

4 Likes

They’re awesome trucks for carving. Not so much to try to keep up with today’s fast kids is all I can say

3 Likes

Perfect combo y’all might wanna try is @3DServisas fb320s with mbs shockblocks and metal plates. Definitely an experience

Combines the width of hypertrucks with stability/support of matrix shockblocks :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@Agressivstreetlamp are you running full size trucks or the minis? Also @ZachTetra this isn’t a budget build by any means, but I’m not sure I can stomach $900 trucks lol

1 Like

Full size ultimates

3 Likes

One of the main reasons I chose to go with the mtb trampa deck and trucks is that I wanted to be able to install bindings and jump things - Do people do that with street decks like the GT40 too?

2 Likes

Haha. I wouldn’t think so.

2 Likes

Why not get Boardnamics 270mm trucks? They come stock with 96a barrel bushings and split angles so they are good for speed

I am running 8" wheels by using a 75mm shoulder bolt and 16100-2RS bearings, works great. Only catch is you need to use a 60T pulley to run the idlers

4 Likes

I don’t know much about them, but do you think the MBS matrix 2 trucks would fair any better?

Matrix II Pro trucks are very good, they are solidly built and there are ways to make them very stable

2 Likes