Is the Flipsky 75200 Pro V2.0 Reliable?

I’m looking at this VESC from Flipsky:

It has a good deal on Amazon. I was wondering what you guys thought about it? It seems like the V2 brings phase filtering (i think?) and other fixes for complains about the previous version. I love the built in power button (no need for an antispark switch).

Any thoughts? This won’t be for esk8, it’ll be something else. However, reliability is just as if not more so important as esk8 (so sudden failures are not tolerated).

2 Likes

I have no experience with these vescs specifically, flipsky however doesn’t have a great reputation in terms of reliability.
If I were in your shoes looking for a reliable, 75v capable, single vesc I’d probably go with:

The skp solo:

Or the lil foccer:

Iirc the solo is based on the lfoc but there are a few key differences

It does seem like we may be coming up on the release of the lfoc V4 if you’re willing to

1 Like

I run dual flipsky 4.20 vescs. Been going on 2 years. These are probably just as reliable. Its an esc for crying out loud 70% of them all have the same electronics yall. Ive never had an issue with flipsky products especially their vescs and when i did it was MY fault. The reliability all depends on YOU and if YOU program it properly

2 Likes

I’m going to be using up to 100A continuous. So I want something rated for around double that it ensure a safety margin.

The SKP Solo doesn’t seem to meet that (it’s for dual motor?), and the FOCer seems… janky?

If not the Flipsky VESC, I’m also looking at:

However, it’s much more expensive and a touch bulkier than the Flipsky. However, MakerX does have a better reputation than Flipsky.

I’ve personally had no issues with the Flipsky 75100 I purchased before (other than me breaking off the USB-C port accidently…). This 75200 Pro V2.0 looks solid built, but my electronics knowledge isn’t too great.