Is DIY right for you?

That’s cool and all, but you joined 5 hours ago and have 6 minutes of read time.

I would much rather it be added to by more seasoned members of the community.

4 Likes

Cut up your evolve deck and also get nuts.

6 Likes

What’s it take to get these builders links removed?

This thread is hecka useful but those links get broken when the bills don’t get paid over there.

5 Likes

seriously, are you a pro

4 Likes

If you are talking to me, I have shifted into a role that is undeniably a bit more than “hobbyist”

But not when I wrote this.

9 Likes

Hi Mike and welcome! I bumped your account so you can message and post freely.

Yes, Sender is a pro at building, but even more so at creating amazing decks. His sales thread here turned into a gallery:

6 Likes

This guy could win builder of the year every year :joy:

6 Likes

Why does china gotta be so far from the rest of the world

3 Likes

Ok y’all, this is my first DIY (built with the help of some friends) and I’m a complete newb at this. And to be honest, this shit is hard af!

-cheap Chinese spring trucks and motor mounts from Allie express
-metroboard 190mm wheels
-MBS pro 97 deck
-hs11 enclosure from eboardsperu which is now the “universal e-MTB” enclosure after i told him that it fits an MBS deck
-6375 brushless outrunner motors
-@m.hboards 12s4p 30q batteries built into the enclosure.
-flipsky dual vesc6 mini (initially used 2 maytech superfoc 6.8 50a, but those burnt out as soon as i turned on the board)

Really the purpose of this board was to teach beginner, so its not really suppose to be a high performance board. But I’m still having issues. I think the vesc is over heating bc the space inside the enclosure is too tight for the vesc. So it would throttle down the speed at 2.75 miles and the top speed for this with me on it is 22mph. I didnt put any if the components on top deck bc i wanted a sleek looking board. Now the motors get warm but not nuclear hot. Still trying to figure out the solutions but to be honest this will probably be my first and only diy. But on the brightside, i learned a lot.

7 Likes

What are your vesc settings?

3 Likes

You gonna actually participate in this forum or just keep dropping your youtube channel promos?

Is DIY esk8 right for you?

8 Likes

Thanks you for just a great info

1 Like

it is useful for me.

2 Likes

Damn didnt realize someone replied! We adjusted the settings and now shes running well! Thanks for replying! Never knew how technical this stuff is!

1 Like

noob question: Between a focbox unity, and mboards 12s4p pack, my board shuts off at 55% every time the battery gets that low, and won’t turn on again until it is charging. Do ya’ll think it’s the battery or the esc? and do you see any solutions other than to start replacing things?

2 Likes

check the cells.

Do you own a multimeter?

Also this thread is for you

Noob question thread! 2020_Summer

1 Like

Check your battery voltage cutoff settings in the vesc tool, but MBoards makes shit batteries so could be that, also do what @Fosterqc said and use noob question thread, it’s not for noobs just general questions and that way more people can help you

1 Like

It was doing great until a week ago, I don’t think it’s the settings… I may have overheated the esc on my last ride; I suppose that could cause lasting damage :neutral_face:

Trust me, its this battery pack problem. Throw it away and get a well made pack from one of our great vendors.

Tips: add ur location (or country if u don’t want to be too specific) in ur profile, so people can help u out even faster

1 Like

I would definitely check your cut off settings in the vesc tool or on your phone. Screenshot your settings.

1 Like