Is DIY right for you?

Have you been drinking again?

1 Like

@J0ker
“Again” implies he stops at one point

2 Likes

Thats cause he does. Granted its to swap bottles, he still stops.

2 Likes

I’m all for a good derail but there are some threads I will not play around with. This is one of them.

5 Likes

@Dareno Understandable.
Back on topic
I chose to study and read for 2 full years while riding a maverix before jumping in the DIY scene. If all goes well (it better or I’m gonna flip a table) this build will be functional by the end of the week. My honest opinion would be this:
If you dont know what it is, read about it.
If you think you’ve read enough, try it. Then read again when it fails. After 2 years, I’m still learning from everyone here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

hey Justin can you take a look at the glossary i posted to see if there are any items you think may be missing or needs correcting.

3 Likes

This is exactly what I was talking about! Great work man, seriously. This will be very helpful to a lot of people and will be linked quite often I’m sure.

I think the best next step going forward is proper markdown formatting.

Great Markdown tutorial everyone should do

Ideally, main and nested sub categories like this:

Electronics

1. Vesc

The device is the brain of your board.

• Motor Max Amps

Set by your motor current rating etc

• Battery Max Amps

Set by cell chemistry, p groups, etc

1. Battery

• Configurations

• Cell types

1. BMS

Annoying to format when not on a computer haha

2 Likes

Mathmatical! Appreciate the quick meaningful feedback! Initially my intent was to pile on mike’s builder and math series with a few reference-able terms listed below links to his posts. I agree with your point; the post should maintain appropriate formatting to make it easier to use and greater value add to the community. Thanks again for taking the time to review; i’ll find time this weekend to clean up the formatting

2 Likes

Starting my first build. I am absolutely amazed at the wealth of knowledge (and B.S. - the good kind) on this forum. So far 100% of my questions have been answered both here and over at builders. Great community and just enough crapola to keep it interesting. For those frequent posters - you’ve help me greatly, even if you don’t know it. Thank you.

13 Likes

Welcome man!

4 Likes

And THIS is how you introduce yourself to a community. Welcome, and great to see you here. I’ll bump you a level so you don’t have any message limits.

7 Likes

Welcome brother to the Hotel California. You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave.

Good to have you here.

6 Likes

Welcome do you want to be my friend?

2 Likes

Hi! Apologies for not introducing myself formally earlier. I’m just a very shy bloke, who watches from afar, has no experience in any of this stuff, may never come to build (from scratch - but who knows?), and I think I am definitely a rider rather than a builder, though always interested in tinkering and mods.

Cooped up in an “apartment” which has almost no room for DIYing stuff anyway and with at least 12 living creatures (excluding the lizards and roaches) living in the same cramped space - cruising on 4 wheels in general gets me away from the daily zoo and grind.

Living in a city where average vehicles on average begin at a cool USD$100k, I think the next best mid-life crisis option is to is get a Ferrari equivalent of an E-board, and appropriate necessary customization and upgrades that go along with every car mod scene in the normal world.

I am so humbled to have found this incredible community that has had me cracking up with all the insane banter, and poisoning my eyes and my wallet with all the juicy goods. Thank you all for providing an addictive and constant source of entertainment and wanting, I keep goofing off at work by checking on the latest posts!

And a jolly welcome to Cghelobubba as well!

13 Likes

Diy good for ice bear.

5 Likes

Ice bear will take care of it

5 Likes

does anyone have an old version of the vesc tool that supports the 3.56 firmware version?

2 Likes

Corrected for you.

2 Likes

I am also gona sit down and give it another scrub and add to it.

2 Likes

That’s cool and all, but you joined 5 hours ago and have 6 minutes of read time.

I would much rather it be added to by more seasoned members of the community.

4 Likes