Is 125MM A Waste Size for All Terrain Wheel?

Oh nice

Wow not even 1mm, that’s insane.

These chinese vendors always seem to put them in DIY instead of vendor corner, who knows why

6 Likes

the one I showed above have really thin walls for spokes, i have 4 of these wheels, I picked the one I think has the thinnest wall and measured it:

1. 0.69mm (as seen above)
  2. 0.8mm
  3. 1.12mm
  4. 1.55mm
  5. 1.64mm

I wouldn’t trust using these (if they are same wheel, both boundmotor and stakboard) for drive wheel anytime until the spokes walls are at least 2mm thick…is that reasonable?

8 Likes

Who knows, I feel like it depends on a lot of things. The ones with the holes are sketch with those thicknesses, but the windmill ones with the special pulleys are a different story

2 Likes

that’s also true, the pulley doesn’t even use those spokes for some reason…wait, then why they need holes there :thinking:

Exactly haha I have no idea, maybe the smaller pulleys on the 105s use the holes?

1 Like

they have a 105 version? :eyes:

Isn’t that the size of the ones from Boundmotor? And ya it appeared like they did on the site

Not recommending that you buy them right now though, no idea about this company. At least we know boundmotor delivers

1 Like

yea, the set i have is boundmotor 105, i see this vendor has 125 only tho :thinking:

This smells like RC built wheels are coming to Esk8. That’s the reason behind the thin spokes. Is evident these wheels and their weird hole pattern were originally made for RC car modeling

These guys are widening their market and that’s why they don’t seem to understand how Esk8 standards work and why they insist on producing these thin rubber cover, thin spokes, big open rims! They are originally intended for 1/5 scale RC sports cars.

7 Likes

That does seem to make sense

3 Likes

They need to address a few things in those wheels:

• Need to thicken the rubber covers (they are now too thin for Esk8 use)
  • Need to thicken the spokes (1mm is too thin for riders weight or for hitting hard road elements)
  • Need to reduce the rim diameter (there is no use for a rim that big and rubber cover so thin)
  • Change the hole pattern. Adapt them for Esk8 use implementing both ABEC and Kegel wheel pulleys fit
  • and for God’s sake change that stupid rubber wheel pattern! They look cheap!! :face_vomiting: (like they are made in China… which they are!!)
3 Likes

…and @ReplyRetricted, pleaseeee do something about it :point_up_2:. Those up there are serious issues you need to address if you are serious about your proposal.

Don’t stay still watching this forum, coming here, asking questions and then do nothing. Don’t come here like other chinese vendors have done in the past, by asking what we think about their products but at the end they try to push it like they don’t really want to change their product one single bit or have the desire to adapt the design fullfiling the costumers suggestions.

Remember, this is your call :wink:.

3 Likes

@ZachTetra @frame @ShutterShock @Fosterqc @pixelsilva @Taraskasyanyuk

• Yes Bondmotor’s Windmill Pully fits well, and we have 105mm wheels
  • Yes the pictures were fuking well PSed, we will get some real one tomorow maybe, and I will update some details here.
  • Yes, I know it’s not the right place to put this post here, I will end up in the end of this month, after I find enough evaluationers, and start a formal launch post on the vendor coner.

@ShutterShock
Yes, the pulleys are extra bonus, but we can afford them for your promised evaluation. Pls messages me you contact if you are serious. :smiley:

@pixelsilva
I was seeking my words… you know, in my dream time .
the specs and crafts you said may be valuable for for reference, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong about the wheels pattern.
Besides, as for my proposal. I got 24 sessions increase for my store yesterday. :wink:

4 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

this is weird placement for the word fuking

3 Likes

Uh…really?

Well noted with tks

2 Likes

Off road size matters. Anything below 8" is useless in my experience.
Bigger wheels roll over obstacles easier, there is no way around it.
You may choose to use whatever size you want but that does not mean it is the best tool for the job.

2 Likes

I guess it depends on the actual application, I haven’t ridden off road before with 6 inch vs 8 inch. Makes sense that 8 inch is more usable tho. I’d think these are good for mild gravel paths, not rocky trails

no such thing
fuking

2 Likes