iRemote - Introduction & Testing (Beta)

did you send the emails out? I dont think I saw one in my inbox

3 Likes

Me nether man, i didn’t get it!

1 Like

Cool remote, hope it goes well for this project, community needs more remotes.

2 Likes

Can we get a more ergonomic case though? That’s my biggest gripe right now with the Hoyt St puck.

3 Likes

I’m on it guys, last minute checks before I let them go.

I was also doing an extensive interference tests with many remotes turned on and transmitting at the same time, no issues at all.

23 Likes

If we lose our charging cable how can we get another one? Is there a generic part we can order on ebay or amazon or aliexpress?

2 Likes

Beaut!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hmm, was there a reason not to use a regular charging cable like type-c?

3 Likes

It’s my belief that it’s just a dongle that plugs into it and there is a regular connector behind it

Could be wrong but I feel like I remember him saying something like that

@newyorkdeathrace The magnetic charging cable is widely available, I’m going to list spare parts on the shop. As @ShutterShock mentioned, the magnetic part is just a dongle, and as a last resort, it can be unplugged from the real micro usb port on the pcb.

@second_hand_rider It protects from accidental snapping and its more convenient.

IMG_7152

13 Likes

sweet! what charge adapter do you recommend according to battery specs? id like to maximize battery life on this thing.

1 Like

Are you planning to have an option available with that larger handle in the future? I don’t trust my hands to be able to use the small version without causing them to cramp up on me.

The extra space could also be used to add a larger battery in it. Hell, I would be okay adding it myself if the extra cavity just remained empty.

2 Likes

I might imagine that someone would make some case mods for it, but we will see

1 Like

Hey @WavRX if someone ordered today when would you likely ship?

3 Likes

I dispatched all the remote orders today.

It took me way longer than I expected, but I also spent too much time testing and making sure everything is performing as expected, fixing all the little bugs that kept popping.

I was mostly focusing on the fail-safe recovery mechanism that would allow the remote to automatically fall back to stable factory software in case something went wrong during an update.

OTA updates are also super critical, and I spent a good amount of time making it as smooth and seamless as possible, with everything done from the remote itself, reducing dependencies.

Whats left now for me is to write a comprehensive “Setup” and “How to” guides before the remotes reach beta testers.

I also need to update the website and put new pictures with colors variants and the new tail housing shape selection.

For those wanting to get their hands on one, I started production of the second batch, which would likely be ready in 3 weeks or sooner. This time things will go much smoother and faster after the learning curve of the first batch.

18 Likes

I am super excited to start hearing some feedback on this remote dude. It seems like you have put in a huge amount of work and it definitely shows so far. Congrats on getting them shipped out!!!

12 Likes

Thanks man, I appreciate it :+1:

8 Likes

Just placed a new order in batch 2. Rather than email thought to ask here if there are any case options? Perhaps getting both shapes are possible?

4 Likes

First one in the wild!

Thanks @WavRX!

I will start giving feedback on Friday when I install it and give it the first test :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Woooot

Mine is in transit still haha, excited to get it!

iLogger still not really fixed but it hopefully it’s alright

3 Likes