iRemote - Introduction & Testing (Beta)

Looking great! Glad you got yours safely.
Detailed setup guide is coming up soon, hopefully before the rest of the remotes are delivered.

Yes, a new tail housing version of the remote will be added soon to the website.

An adapter that can supply around 1A is recommended. Battery capacity is ~1000mah, and charging IC is set to charge at 500ma during constant current phase. The charging IC is doing all the work to ensure the optimal conditions are met for a longer battery life, it will only draw the needed current.

2 Likes

This thing itā€™s fucking awesomeā€¦ I have barely tested it but the OS itā€™s flawless and I managed to get arrownd it without having any kind of setup guide.

The remote feels very good in the hand, it is robust but it also feels premium.

The thumb wheel itā€™s adequate, it is slightly easier to brake than to accelerate, and the range of motion itā€™s perfect.

The remote has a lot of settings that you can tweak to make your experience with it as custom as possible, and I can see how with future updates to the software, this remote will have amazing capabilities.

The software itā€™s amazing, very responsive and the screen itā€™s very bright, but i will soon take some videos and pictures of it getting the Spanish sunlight, which poses a threat to even the highest end of smartphones.

Soon the remote will be installed on my board and be ready for the first test ride :wink:

12 Likes

tf are you driving with a gear ratio of 0.22 :flushed:

2 Likes

Very nice dude, iā€™m glad you are liking it. I have a lot of features and improvements planned already.

Gear ratio here is set as motor gear teeth /wheel teeth.

I got around writing a quick guide here Setup - WavRX but its far from complete yet.

6 Likes

Yes, it is actually 1/4ā€™5 = 0.222222

1 Like

Oh okay, that makes more sense. I never seen someone do it this way round.

3 Likes

Waitā€¦ does this mean that the remote has the ability to change the vesc settings?

Or rather, the remote doesnā€™t read the vesc settings and requires you to input the information seperately?

2 Likes

So it finally showed up today!!! just turned it on for the first time. Very cool!!! will post more later after I have some more time with it.

4 Likes

My wallet is starting to cry with all this comments of people getting the iRemoteā€¦
I hope that this is the remote iā€™ve been waitting for to replace the VX1. If the ridding reviews are good this will be the last upgrade to my Flux.

3 Likes

ā€œLastā€ I like how we delude ourselves. But this remote does sound fantastic and Iā€™m interested in the reviews and how it feels in the hand.

1 Like

Is there a way to control integrated lights/horns with this remote?

Just got the remote. Excited to get it setup. Question. Whatā€™s this hole on the side for?

1 Like

For now, the basic parameters like wheel size, gear ratio, num cells are set from the remote. Fetching those directly from Vesc would be cool, Iā€™m thinking about adding that.

Yes, I will post a short demo. There is a digital pin that can be controlled from the remote.

That hole is for the tone buzzer.

7 Likes

If you have received your remote, wait for an update to be released for both the remote and ilogger.

After some days of extensive testing with the help of @Oddcomo we identified some bugs and found a workaround to make iLogger work with Stormcore escs.

All instructions and details on how to update will be posted shortly.

7 Likes

Nice

2 Likes

The stormcore was kind of stubborn to work through can. Lol
3 days and 250+ messages later we have it working :ok_hand::ok_hand:

I will try to do a good field test today!

8 Likes

Awesome to finally hold one. Any plans to release shell STL files? Iā€™m a tigger guy.

Pew pew pew!

10 Likes

14 Likes

Dang you got yours? That must mean mine is a day or two out then, thatā€™s exciting

3 Likes

Damn it. Now, Iā€™m triggered.

3 Likes