Introducing the Lorentz Major

This looks cool. Didn’t see any other posts about it.

From the description:

• Dual 5,500w 7280 motors

• 14s6p Samsung 50S

• Custom 130a FOC ESC

• Laser ambient lights and optional 2k lumen headlights controllable by remote

• All steel gear drive with quick-swappable wheels and tires

Thoughts? It looks like the Backfire remote – is this Lorentz brand a Backfire subsidiary? Maybe we’ll finally see more big prebuilt manufacturers step into the “premium” spec space.

9 Likes

From all information, it’s a backfire collab of sorts. Lots of cool stuff on it though. I’m planning to do a vid on it at esk8con, so if anyone has questions I’ll try to answer them with the representative

Seems cool. Unsure about the deck though. Also, kind of weird goals. Underslung, but also has offroad tires? Imo, offroading should not be done with underslung

The expansion of wheels is pretty cool though, opening up more tire options to the rest of us!

4 Likes

I can’t watch the vid right now but it looks like matrix 2 style wedges maybe?

2 Likes

why is nobody making 4wd boards and better vesc remotes

2 Likes

Z.Mote is

6 Likes

trampa zmote and vx1 are the only good remotes out there. there needs to be more.

I don’t know why trampa doesn’t use 18650 for their remote

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure about that one

9 Likes

You’re 33% right

5 Likes

yes vx1 best remote for only 30$

Could I be the only one who hasn’t had a single cutout with the wand after several years of use? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

looks like a kaly

3 Likes

That’s what I thought too. I guess they decided to fill the space in the market, lol.

I can’t tell if they are a smaller boutique brand or a Chinese brand. The name doesn’t seem Chinese, they seem to typically name their brand’s odd things that western brands wouldn’t name themselves Possway, Wowgo, Meepo, etc. They don’t really have a lot of info or press though.

Hendrik Lorentz who I would guess they got their name from was an extremely successful dutch physicist that did a lot of stuff but his biggest things were in electromagnets. He is where “Lorentz force” gets its name from also known as the electromagnetic force. So his work is kinda related of to the motors we use on our boards. Or at least that’s why I imagine they picked him to name it after

4 Likes

I know him from the Lorentz transformation

1 Like

The world’s first goofy Only board?

5 Likes

Because when you are out riding. You are not going to find a 18650 in any random shop.

convenience

If the person that created this thing isn’t on this forum, then it’s probably a company from China.

3 Likes

yea I asked in the DCESK8 chat because Chris is involved in this brand, but he didnt answer when I asked who was making these :thinking:

2 Likes

the board is interesting.The ligths look nice .I
Im curious how many of you like board mounted headlights? i have given up on headlights on my board,no matter how bright the angle is too flat. I put 3 SL1000s on my helmet,i find it to be far superior.i have to make an effort to not blind cars by looking down and to the right when i have a car oncomming however,i dont want to blind people. I do like tail lights,or underboard BLING on my board but im currently using a Firedry LED back pack and a taillight on my helmet.

6 Likes

Same - I prefer them on my helmet also because of board switching;
Additionally, my lights kept falling off

1 Like

Personally I like my board lights a lot, wouldn’t want to ride without them

The ones on the major here look good too

3 Likes