Introducing the Lorentz Major

IMO in order of functionality it goes high powered(3000lu+) handheld>helmet mounted>board mounted.
Pure vision wise, you can’t beat handheld/helmet mount due to the angle. Handheld gets the +1 for being able to point where you want while also not blinding oncoming traffic/riders. Also can be used as a signal/warning for omfwllow grouo riders.

All configs have their plus and minuses no doubt.

7 Likes

+1 for helmet or handheld light superiority

I rock one on my helmet that’s super bright but pointed down to not blind people

I rock a small handheld flashlight on my remote so I can point at shit and focus on it. Great for spotting tree roots or coyotes in the woods.

But the board lights have their own purpose still. They let me be seen by other people a bit more and project a nice beam on the road ahead. They don’t paint the shadows of rocks and stuff nicely but I still think the trifecta is there.

Board lights vs helmet light:

8 Likes

So I’m curious if this happens to you?
I come around a corner and there is a pack of Coyotes in the road, for some reason they don’t hear me coming or notice the sun coming around the corner. At this point I’m surprised, I’m sure they are too, i floor it and SCREAM” I’m not stopping GEET!!”
I call this Coyote bowling( because it makes me chuckle)Obviously I’m not trying to hit or hurt them. They always scatter with out problem’s, one day I’ll fall and be coyote :poop: on the side of the trail .

3 Likes

100% yes hahaha I do exactly the same thing. Little shits go scampering into the brush while yelping

1 Like

There’s also a big difference between positional lighting and lighting to see.

“So others can see me” dimmer on-board lights work great.

“So I can see” like you said, handheld lighting seems the best to me.

3 Likes

We had an issue in Vancouver where people were feeding the coyotes in Stanley Park (basically our Central Park) to the point that they had lost fear of humans and were coming up and nipping them.
The park was closed while rangers hunted them but we would go around the fences and take midnight cruises anyway because they cmon how dangerous is it really right?
One night we were stopped for a bit and heard them out in the forest yipping. Then they went silent. Holy shit they were stalking us.
Yeah we cleared out.
I’m thinking now the real danger was probably not being nipped by a coyote but being shot by a park ranger firing into the dark.

1 Like

I just had a little wipeout the other day from riding off a curb that came out of nowhere. This was with two board lights and a helmet light. Maybe it wouldn’t have happened if I’d also had a light stuck on my remote. I think I’m gonna add that.

It also wouldn’t have happened if I hadn’t chosen to ride home completely drunk through a park in the pitch black but that’s a different thing.

My question is: Backfire has US warehouse and US service center and US contact numbers.
Does Lorentz?

It looks like a big nope: [New 2023 Eskate Brand] Lorentz Major Eskate - New King Or Bust? - YouTube

2 Likes

Am I the only one who rocks a shoulder mounted spot so I have all the advantages of a helmet light except I don’t also blind everyone I talk to? Also all my boards have lights though i mounted a yellow lamp to my srb and I need to switch out all the others for yellow. Doesn’t white out the ground for five feet in front of the board the way white light does.

How dot you shoulder mount?

Add a red laser and you can pretend to be a Predator

2 Likes

Never had anyone complain about my helmet light but it’s on the visor pointing down, not on top of the head. I think that’s key.

2 Likes

Custom ESC = locked in. Any board that is not accessible to plug and play reputable components is a liability.

2 Likes

I just epoxied a GoPro clip to the hard plate on my armor

1 Like

I think this is where the thread should go to derail jail

1 Like

1 Like

Those bearings are extremely fragile and I wouldn’t recommend them for a skateboard

1 Like