Introducing the BKB Xenith

I gathered this would be the issue lately,I guess people should grab any they need out the 9 left while they can from BKB,will have another ganders at your website soon it’s been a while

I got some online :wink:

5 Likes

Dat Price tho

2 Likes

Should be in line with other vendors?

I used to sell the unity for 250 but due to the component shortage that’s not possible any longer :confused:

2 Likes

Not sure how it compares but this is what they cost here

1 Like

You can have my new never used orange one for £300

Damn @Lee_Wright sure did hook me, i tell you hwat. Does this canbus slot actually work, too? I doubt it, but thatd be even more extra dope-alicious.

1 Like

Got ya back bro. We like to look after existing customers.

No CANBUS chip I’m afraid

2 Likes

No worries, i dont particularly need one, i just saw the jst and hadnt tested it yet xD

1 Like

Does anybody know if the “METR PRO UNITY SMART BLUETOOTH MODULE” made for the Unity seen here at nexusboards will work with the Xenith esc?

4 Likes

Yes it will.

5 Likes

Thank you

using one on my xenith atm

2 Likes

It doesn’t say on their web site, (unless I’m missing it) but can the Xenith be set to run sensorless or using FOC?

-Peter

1 Like

Yeah

1 Like

yes, as long as use vesctool

i don’t know if u can run sensorless with fw23.46

You can, just do the focbox UI set up as per normal with the sensor port unplugged

1 Like

You can skip to the bottom paragraph for the TL;DR question…

This will be my first VESC style controller after having moved up from a surprisingly successful esk8 life using Chinese controllers and hub motors.

But I enjoy building and it was time to move to the next level so I went to Kevin @Boardnamics and got his trucks, belt drives and dual 6354’s.

So I pulled the trigger a couple of days ago on a Xenith and the expensive remote (Voyager or something). I installed the Xenith setup tool, (which looks like a trimmed down version of VescTool), on a windows partition of my Mac. I also put the specially compiled VescTool for MacOs on the Mac partition. So I hope I’m covered for wired configuration options. :wink:

Anyway with the Chinese controllers you had to guess at matching up the phase wires. If one of the hubs rolled in reverse you swap around a couple of phase wires and it would roll right.

…So question with the Xenith… and phase wires… Will I have to trial and error the order of the phase wires or does the stock Xenith Tool allow me to reverse a motor running the wrong way? I’m talking the factory Xenith configuration tool, not full blown VESC tool.

-Peter

Yes it allows you to swap direction.

You either just connect in any order and get it right - great. Or get it wrong, then you can either fix it by swapping around the phase wires again or make it via software so this motor specifically turns in the other direction.

remember to A: Power off the board when swapping phase wires and B: re-do the motor detection after having swapped the cables.

4 Likes

@BuildKitBoards Did this ever happen?

13 Likes