Introducing the BKB Xenith

Before getting into this hobby, I would have never guessed that turning the damn thing on and off would be one of the biggest challenges

23 Likes

It’s why loop keys are still so popular.

There was along period of time where almost nobody had reliable discrete mosfet switches. Vedder’s was basically a delayed fuse, months of delay, but it would always blow. Then flyer came out with a 300 amp eswitch that was kind of big but basically never blew but took 6 weeks to show up so better order 5 of them. Then it was all about cheap latching push buttons that would unlatch at the worst times which some controllers still use, then the unity saved us from all that bullshit when it wasn’t having a bad batch, now flipsky has a solid 280 amp discrete switch with a momentary button to solve all the issues with no switch or bad button switch, and now the Xenith is here for 12S and we have the Ubox for bigger boards with higher voltages.

4 Likes

#fucksystemswhereyoucankillthebatterybyforgettingtopulltheloopkey

13 Likes

@Brently would agree

2 Likes

Awesome hashtag :joy::+1:t2:

2 Likes

wait what am I agreeing to now? I agree but just confirm so I know I’m agreeable

1 Like

This is so awesome from you guys. Im pretty speechless in this world of greed.
More than awesome. Above and beyond.
Really impressive. Billion thanks in the name of everyone who was scammed.

5 Likes

Agreed. This is the kind of stuff that makes me proud to be part of this community.

6 Likes

Makes me proud of BKB. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Others still have to proof such monstrosity without greed.

2 Likes

drags soapbox across stage loudly

This is why I’m glad to be a small part of DRI and FreeSK8. Things done the right way and for the right reasons.

10 Likes

:rofl: fair. But a switch wouldn’t necessarily solve that.

2 Likes

no but esc having control over the antispark does so it can shut its self down after set time of inactivity. imo this is the killer feature of the unity that very few ESC’s have managed to replicate.

if you want this feature your current options are Unity, Stormcore, VESC, or Spintend

5 Likes

74 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derail Jail 2020_Summer

Sleep mode (with RAM retention!!):

Coming soon

Also

Yeah giving them this was honestly a mistake but whatever. At least it serves as a stopgap interim solution.

6 Likes

Sounds kinda hot :drop_of_blood:

4 Likes

So glad donations are going to freesk8 and DRI. Andrew has a special place in my heart… the man introduced me to Letterkenny

8 Likes

12 Likes

You probably already considered it, just thought I’d mention it :slight_smile:

What about clear heatshrink?

1 Like

Amazing series! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

He introduced me to LK too! @DerelictRobot thanks for spreading the joy of rural Canadian living (and its problems) to us :slight_smile:

3 Likes