Introducing ESK8NRW.de (serious)

Sure. I understand. And I’m ok with that, even if I don’t agree with the flagging.
Just wanted to be clear that my intention wasn’t to derail or be disrespectful in any way, as Brent seemed to imply.

1 Like

So you re buying the whole system assembled from china and you are just the distributor?

Otherwise it is a little bit easier, but still you have to do the certifications on the final product…

yeah, maybe where you are from.
For all europe guys there is a certification. This helps suing and restricts the market to only spread tested stuff. E.g. hoverboards without specially certified batterys and chargers are completely baned.

1 Like

It was a joke. CE certificates and logos are faked by Chinese manufactures and to avoid lawsuits, they will simply explain that their logo is in fact different and has a different meaning.

FakeCEmark

PS. Hardly anyone here is being called out on certificates. A bit harsh…
Just do not ride this stuff if you have a pacemaker. Don’t charge it indoors unsupervised and without a fire extinguisher either.

Stay safe people.

7 Likes

Like I said before, the boards are engineered and designed in Germany and assembled in China similar to other brands like Evolve, Baja, Boosted, Enertion and many more. All parts we use have certifications from the suppliers.

I’m pretty sure you can’t just take certified parts and put them together to gain a certified overall product.
Then many products would be trivially certified because many products use a combination of standard parts.

1 Like

This is correct. you need EMC compliance of the product you’re selling, as far as I know 0% of esk8 market has any certs. Maybe boosted or evolve as selling stuff in US is alot stricter, but I havn’t seen them.

Selling separate components and leaving the responsibility at the customer when assembling thier build, is entirely different however.

1 Like

Isn’t @mackann working on certifying his battery packs? I thought I remembered seeing him say something about that :thinking:

On batteries you only have to follow the restrictions on handling and transport. Also guarantee that the batteries are taken care of as they should when broken/done. Most countries has a recycle system in place for this, pack needs to be dissasebable to some degree (as in hammer it to break apart), else other special regulations apply(costs money).

The BMS needs to be in compliance with other rules however since its a device of its own. So maybe thats what he meant. Generally around 5000 euro for a precompliance test, bit more for an
accredited lab.

Anyone can put the CE stamp on thier products, its the sellers own responsibility that the product fulfill the claims that the CE implies however. So if something would happen and its investigated and it turns out it dsn’t you’re in deep shit.

1 Like

Any updates on the boards?

2 Likes

We implemented brake light function (light turns on while braking) and we set 4 unofficial world records with the Interceptor (fastest hub motor board acceleration 0-50km/h and top speed, most efficient vehicle, longest range ESK8). The customers are very happy with their boards.

Now we are focusing on the Titan Project X and test several prototypes.

1 Like

Im very impressed by your 4 unofficial world records (most unsubstantiated claims in one thread, Most ridiculous statement on esk8.news, least amount of logs showing any real data and most smoke blown by one vendor)

28 Likes

hey @FastBoard this guy’s hubs say they kick your hubs ass…

and he has 4 unofficial world records to prove it

9 Likes

Got any comparison videos showing acceleration and/or top speed?

3 Likes

I don’t have any videos and don’t want to start any discussion about that topic. I compared it with my Meepo AWD which was the fastest production hub motor ESK8 so far. The Meepo was at first a little quicker in acceleration, I guess due to 10kg less weight but the Interceptor AWD catches up at higher speeds and tops out way over 60km/h. Lighter riders than me can get to 50km/h in under 5s.

Dude…

19 Likes

never were 4 letters uttered so profoundly

3 Likes

lol wut?
what kind of company doesn’t want to brag about this kind of things when there is more benefit for sales than anything else

4 Likes

His dudeness, duder, or el dudorino

4 Likes

I just spat coke n vodka thru my nose fukkyouverymuch

1 Like

The Dude abides

2 Likes