Introducing ESK8NRW.de (serious)

35 Likes

It’s times like these that I miss the “mark as solution” button

16 Likes

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Practical range/power consumption testing (serious)

Haven’t had a Big Mac in a while. Starving now

1 Like

GPS videos will come. Un uncuted video of the range is due to the long recording time and battery life of the Gopro not possible. Just waiting for the first production batch. But first of all I claimed the longest range for hub motor ESK8s. I don’t care so much if a guy gets more or less than 120km due to his riding style or whatsoever. It is by x3-4 more range than any other production hub motor ESK8. Just because someone says he gets just 100km, 80km, 60km or less out of the battery, the capacity is still the same and still the world’s biggest in that segment. You just can not argue against it. Show me a production series hub motor ESK8 with a bigger battery and I take back the claimed title. It’s really that easy. Same with speed. Never heard anybody here saying wow, that’s a great achievement. If you just proof we will be all happy for the community. The truth is the haters don’t want me to prove it. They just want to be right and see me failing. That’s such a disgusting attitude. The claimed top speed and range is nothing magically. Just type the numbers in the calc and you will have the prove or at least you see the requirements for them. I really don’t know about what we are talking here and where the problem is.

Doesn’t say “production” anywhere in that claim, and how many have you manufactured to claim production level? All I see is one DIY hub board which is definitely not the fastest made, the raptor or hummie decks take that title.

6 Likes

You only can say production when you make and shipping more than 100 and have reliable running for more than 1 year for customer. Now is just one board you make with oem part that you make many say about what can doing. Is better to not talking and just making this board.

19 Likes

This please.

Then we can go about our business without hearing your quiet sobs behind every bloody comment.
Don’t just type data into a calculator. Go out and actually do what you claim you can do. Then and only then will you get the respect of this community of esk8 builders.

9 Likes

@Chricious
i’ve written and deleted this post a few times but am curious enough to post it. I humbly ask the following with genuine interest and respect for your project:

where do you see your product differing from other high performing pre-builts already on the market?

who in the diy community is your target consumer?

what is your ideal end result for opening this thread on a diy forum?

there no bad responses here but rather just an insight into how your organization sees how it is fitting into this competitive niche market. thanks in advance for the indulgence.

4 Likes

It says on the market this implicates “production series”. As a brand we compare to other brands not to DIY. This should be a no brainer.

@wandagoner Thank your for asking some of the first meaningful questions. I appreciate it.

Our goal with the Interceptor was to create a hub motor board which beats all other hub motor boards in terms of range and top speed on the market. At the same time we want to improve the comfort and the riding experience in general for hub motor boards. We think the potential of hub motors is very big and don’t get the attention it deserves. With that in mind we created a board for long distances like group rides or commutes, that you can overcome with high speed and great comfort.

Since the lack of comfort, due to the thin urethane, is in our opinion one of the biggest drawbacks for hub boards, we decided to use softer and thicker sleeves, with bigger wheels. We are not the first one who are using 100mm wheels, but we are the first one (from what I know) who has 16mm urethane on the sleeves and soft 74A wheels. Meepo uses for example 90mm wheels with 5mm urethane sleeves on their best selling V3. BTW the V3 is the best selling hub motor board on the market. (the info comes from Meepo, they told me it’s their best seller and since they are the market leder in terms of sales, I believe this). They noticed as well the lack of comfort for the model and now they offer a 100mm sleeve with 10mm urethane. We have still 60% more thane on ours.

Another big difference compared to the competition is our feature and accessories pack. We have the latest and customized ESC available. For example we have features like, integrated lights which you can control by the remote. You can separately turn manually body lights on and of. In the AWD model you can choose between AWD, RWD and FWD. Those are unique features in this segment and we worked hard to implement all this in our board. The remote itself is state of the art. You have a screen with spped, odo, trip distance, board battery, rc battery, current top speed, 4 speed and 4 brake modes, cruise control, vibration feedback and many more. Compared to most other RCs is also more ergonomic and smooth to control.

Accessories: Besides the standard tools and spare wheels, we offer with 4A & 6A the fastest chargers for hub motor boards.

Let’s have a quick look over the competitors. The strongest competitor is Meepo, since they sell the most boards on the market and have an reliable products and an OK customer service. The best seller is like I said the V3. If you take the V3 with the “big” battery you’ll get an 10S2P. If you also upgrade the wheels to 100mm you get the roughly the same price as their premium board, the NLS Pro which is together with the AWD Pro (basically a 2 times NLS Pro) arguably the flagships of hub motor boards. On the other hand you have Backfire with the 3G+ which is also considered an 1000$ premium board. The third audible mention is Exway. With their X1 Pro, which is again considered as an 1000$ Chinese premium board. (Can’t say anything concrete about the Flex, since they didn’t deliver it yet)

So let’s have a look to the specs:

NLS Pro
Battery: 10S2P 290Wh, claimed range 32km (9wh/km)
Claimed top speed: 46km/h.
Wheels: 100mm with 10mm PU on sleeves. Spare wheels: No.
Integrated lights: No
Charger: 2.5A
Price with 6 month Chinese warranty: 700$ or 800$ with 12 month warranty.
2 Weeks money back guarantee: No

AWD Pro
Battery: 10S2P 290Wh, claimed range 24km (12Wh/km)
Claimed top speed: 55km/h (reviewed with 50km/h).
Wheels: 100mm with 10mm PU sleeves. Spare wheels: No
Price with 6 month warranty: 850$ with 12 month 970$

G3+
Battery 12S2P 350Wh, claimed range 32km-40km (8.6-10.9Wh/km)
Claimed top speed 46km/h.
Wheels: 85mm. Spare Wheels: Yes 96mm
Price with 6 month warranty: 1000$.

Jetforce Interceptor 2WD
Battery: 12S4P/8P 690Wh/1380Wh claimed range: 60km/120km (11.5Wh/km)
Claimed top speed: 50km/h (54km/h reviewed with 50% battery)
Wheels: 100mm with 16mm PU. Spare wheels: Yes
Integrated lights: Yes
Charger 4A/6A
Price: 1199€/1599€ with 2 years German warranty.
2 Weeks money back guarantee: Yes

Jetforce Interceptor AWD
Battery: 12S4P/8P 690Wh/1380Wh claimed range: 60/120km (11.5Wh/km)
Claimed op speed: 60km/h
Integrated lights: Yes
Charger 4A/6A
Price: 1449€/1849€ with 2 years German warranty.
2 Weeks money back guarantee: Yes

As you can see our range claims are the most conservative from all.
We have the most complete package.
We offer way more warranty and secure.

Biggest battery from the competitors (G3+) is half as big as our smallest battery and just a quarter of our bigger one. If we would claim the same consumption as Meepo or Backfire we would end up with 160km or 100miles range, what is indeed possible with light riders or slower consistent speeds.

Now please make your own decision if our claims are exaggerated and deserves so much hate.

Very few people if any. Our target is the German market, because they can benefit the most of our customer service. But if anybody wants to save time and money and try something new, it is portability cheaper to by a Jetforce than to build one.

I just oped this thread, because I got multiple requests and questions about our products and I didn’t want to discuss this OT in other threads. I hoped I can get some feedback and constructive criticism on the products, since there are indeed a lot of capable people in here. But unfortunately haters always scream the loudest.

You are very welcome. I am always open for criticism and suggestion. Thanks again for your contribution.

2 Likes

No. You only make one board. Is not production. Listen to what friends here are say.

No you not. Our neoHUB is thicker than 16mm PU and soft.

2 Likes

Yes Jeff, you are right. Will do so. Thank you for your advice.

So did Jason Potter.

11 Likes

@Chricious will your board be legal to ride in germany? will it be legal to sell there?

No board is legal to ride in germany thanks to overregulation (and probably never will be)
Selling is allowed though, you are only allowed to use it on private property.
Now that I wrote that its actually almost the exact opposite as with weed where possesion of it is illegal but usage not :smiley:

5 Likes

okay, i’m just trying to figure the value in a warranty backed by a german gesselschaft. i guess it would be useful to EU customers who can legally ride hub boards on the street. i actually don’t know how big this target market is, as my knowledge is skewed by the outlaw-type folks who make up this forum.

1 Like

Strange laws in a strange land

3 Likes

That’s not much for a 8p of 21700s, with 6A it still takes ages to charge the whole thing up.
I‘m sure you can easy double up that amps.
12A is still just 1.5A per cell.
According to the data sheet of 40T cells, standard charge is 2A, fast charge 6A per cell, so definitely lots of head room there :wink:

this one is. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, I know, but it made me sick even thinking of it, thanks for refreshing my memories, I almost successfully suppressed it :smiley:

3 Likes