Introducing ESK8NRW.de (serious)

250w Max and mechanical brakes in addition to electrical.it’s basically a shitty e-scooter.

2 Likes

Thats why I said

:wink: :smiley: :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

With gearing you could make it go fast…again illegal, but hey… My e-bike goes 50 (granted, assisted) and no police stopped me yet.

Need to get a 250w board with shimano parts…haha

I still don’t get you’re fascination with this dude. You just seem desperate at this point…

Who are you? What brand?

3 Likes

No that’s exactly what people want you to do.
Typically when people come in making claims about coming out with the new best, fastest, whatever.
They have real information.
Pictures and specs of what’s so different about their product.
Real information about the steps of development.
The only Development I’ve seen you do is testing different off the shelf products. It’s basically a diy board as far as I can tell.
Real world tests of speed and range.
Don’t say

Anybody who’s built for long know the calc is not 100% accurate in real world conditions.

7 Likes

@Chricious

Check the approach the Fastboard guy took here, and how the community reacted:

Fast Board Prototype

9 Likes

Yeah Bill, check the approach out :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

You mean I missed something? I will resign from esk8.news immediately.

9 Likes

That’s all I wanted. Thank you.

10 Likes

100mm wheels with 16mm thane means are your motors are smaller than the meepo v3 motor with 100mm wheels and 10mm thane?

I didn’t compare the two stator length and width with each other, but in theory it could be true.

This thread has a serious tag. I don’t particularly like the tag but that doesn’t mean we just ignore it as a community.

Make another thread for the memes and wagon rides perhaps. You might not like what Christian and his guys are saying but you can show a little respect.

7 Likes

I’ve already made it clear to Christian that he can flag anything that detracts from the information he’s looking to share.

1 Like

I asked for removing this thread, because it was never intended to create here such a discussions about the specs of one particular board in the shop. That got denied. Actually the whole argue is about the range. Everybody could calculate the range with his specific consumption.
That’s so freaking nonsense. But I adjusted the range claim and added a disclaimer. So everybody can be happy now.

This thread is to introduce the shop. I will open a new thread for Jetforce when I have some video proof for the claims.

I can’t flag half of the comments here. We have a guideline for serious tagged threads in the forum, that should be controlled by the mods, like in other threads. But that’s just my opinion.

It was a mistake to introduce an ESK8 shop in a DIY forum, which offers hub motor boards, in the first place.

The main reason why I started to be active in here was to develop the community board. A board where everybody can add a little piece to create the greatest board for our needs. Jetforce was just a side project which shouldn’t be significant for the community guys here. But since I got more and more questions abut the boards, I thought, that it would be a good idea to answer them here in public.

It didn’t went very well, so I stick to my decision to not provide any more information about the boards. The videos will come though.

I don’t want to offend anybody or to create a bad mood in here. That’s why I think this is the best for all.

3 Likes

Hey Christian-

We put out an explanation of SERIOUS threads some months back so everyone would know how they work:

1. SERIOUS threads clarification:

It has been brought to our attention that SERIOUS thread rules could use some clarification since it’s gone from being a test program to being adopted across the forum.

So here goes:

Anyone can start a SERIOUS thread that wants the most information shared in the quickest fashion. By using that tag when you start a topic, you are in effect offering to police your own thread and weed out extraneous content or people who make too many jokes and derails. Mock SERIOUS threads are funny, but let’s try to resist that urge.

In a SERIOUS thread, the word (SERIOUS) needs to be added to the end of the title, with the beginning of the title describing the intended topic of discussion. No further rules or conditions may be applied to the discussion. Users must respect the intent of the topic of discussion and posts should contribute towards the topic at hand. Trolling or posts that are clearly off topic or not within the spirit of discussion are subject to removal through flagging.

You can find all the changes that we introduced here:

I hope that clears things up.

4 Likes

Thanks for reminding everybody of the guidelines :+1:

1 Like

i want you to succeed in selling as many hub boards as you can, that way you have plenty of funding to produce the community boards. i myself just assume the market for hub boards is a race to the bottom, and i worry how many/few you’d be able to sell in a domestic market where the exact board you’re selling is illegal to ride in public.

1 Like

Thank you. That’s exactly the plan and why I’m reselling also other third party brands.

From what the other brands told me, Germany is the second largest market for ESK8 after the us.

Due to our legal situation, hub motor boards are best choice to don’t attract too much attention. That’s also why Jetforce got this stealthy black look. Besides Evolve and DIY, you see in Germany just hub motor boards. There are very few exceptions though.

This is so true.

4 Likes

a point that is only really valid with integrated decks tho, colossal battery packs kinda make this absurd

5 Likes