Introduce Yourself and Share Your Plans (SERIOUS)

Chocolate lab… chocolate guitar… both from Hershey…

:thinking:

Either of you dudes seen the cartoon network hotel in your travels? Been wanting to take the family there and Hershey park.

4 Likes

yeah it opens next week…supposed to be pretty dope.
when you go to hershey park we should meet for a ride. we might have an extra board running.

3 Likes

I’m getting a job soon leave my fat ass alone

4 Likes

Drove by it while it was under construction, Looks really cool. If the stuff on the website is true it would be perfect for you and your kid. Dutch wonderland ( A kid friendly amusement park ) is right across from it too.

Hershey is about a 30 minute drive from it.

We have 2 extra Taytos 1 RKP, 1 TKP both geared for 35mph if you wanna stop by

3 Likes

@Juddymuddy

2 Likes

We are growing

4 people have boards here currently and I have one friend who rides my extra with me alot.

2 Likes

Nice! Only a 7 hour drive so I could bring 3 more boards :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Hi all. New to the group, just joined today. Based in the wet and windy UK, Ive been riding an Evolve Carbon GT for a while which seriously isnt waterproof by any stretch, and as I like to tinker in the shed, felt the need to upgrade my old Scrub mountain board into something a little more durable…
New motor mounts from @IDEA which look ace; dual 6374 190kv sensored motors;probably going to go twin Lipo’s to start - say 6s 10,000 mah to see how that goes then currently stuck on choice of VESC… probably going to go for the Flipsky 6.6 dual with a VX1 remote… any thoughts??? With everything housed in Drybox’s
great to be joining in rather than reading others posts
Cheers
Presty

6 Likes

So far so good. Flipsky is a budget friendly component and qc can be hit or miss. Trampas vesc is solid but pricey. I’m enjoying my unity but they’re not in production anymore so I’d grab one before prices start climbing if you want to go that route.

You have bindings on this board? Let’s see some photos of what you’re working with!

Welcome

3 Likes

I wouldn’t use flipsky ESC. Stick with the real thing from trampa, a unity (if you can find one) or wait a month for the Tb 6.6 to be available and possibly the new ESC from @jeffwuneo . ( It’s untested so can’t recommended yet, but the TB 6.6 is in its 3rd or 4th phase of beta testing)

2 Likes

Welcome @Presty72
Looks like you did already some research according to the parts you choose. @IDEA mounts are dope and solid. Starting with lipos is a good thing as well. If it’s in your budget I would have a look at the 8Ah or 12ah hobbyking graphens. They will very likely last longer than other lipos. They Flipsky vx1 seem to be a solid remote as well so far. Somebody correct me if I missed some issues with that remote :sweat_smile:
Flipsky vescs can be good or bad as others said.
Looks like @trampa will soon release a smaller vesc6 which comes in a dual case and said to be cheaper than the big brother vesc6.
If you not in a hurry I would wait a bit with your esc choice as also other vendors will soon release some escs which might be better than going with a Flipsky.
From where you plan to get your motors?

5 Likes

Cheers guys. Motors were purchased from Nexus Boards in UK and are fitted. Unfortunately the belts are too big so new ones ordered.
No rush with esc @Skunk as I have my evolve so I’ll just hang on a while…
Thanks for all the advice and encouragement
@Andy87 The Graphenes are a really good shout :+1:t3:
@Venom121212 photos below

5 Likes

Looking good, love the scrub decks. That right belt looks a bit loose in the photo. You might have already changed it but worth checking out.

I can’t recommend enough the F5 bindings from mbs if you ever get the chance. They are amazing.

1 Like

Looking good have you decided which vesc you want to go for and will you be top mounting or under boar mounting the graphenes

Also have you thought about telemetry

1 Like

@Halbj613 I’ve put my name down for a neoBox from Jeff…
Batteries will defo be top mounted for clearance
Telemetry???

1 Like

The 12kmah Graphenes are rated 15c. Will they be ok for my setup??

Totally. Firstly because graphens usually hold up close to C-rating stated in the specs (other lipos unfortunately not always do)
Secondly 12Ah x 15C would be 180A that your pack could handle constantly. That’s a lot of amps. 180A you might reach for peaks if you ride very hard, but usually not for longer times.
@Presty72

2 Likes

Oh cool didn’t know now you were down for neobox I would really like to see how they play out

Also have you looked into the davega module or the metr module also instead of going for the vx1 you could go for the flipsky vx2 which is the upgraded new version currently @Anubis is doing a group buy which will probably be £35-£40 per piece

Telemetry are these modules that give you things like speed how hot your motors are and that kind of stuff which allow someone you to just know on the go about your equipment

1 Like

I already have an undergoing built that I need help with, will post about it when I find how and where to post!

1 Like

The easiest way to start is to post in the noob thread, which is kind of our catch-all advice thread:

I bumped your account so you won’t be limited on messaging. Welcome!

3 Likes