Introduce Yourself and Share Your Plans (SERIOUS)

Welcome to esk8.news, and guys with the right attitude never bug us.

4 Likes

Welcome dude. Find interesting ideas or questions and I’ll be one of many to pop up in your conversations to help you out :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

sorry about this… I want to start calling you clippy now. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Clippy is long dead

3 Likes

Thanks Bill!
Hey, gotta ask… After lurking for a while, my biggest question is gamergirl69 Jason Potter?

5 Likes

Magic 8-ball says:

4 Likes

Whew, thank you, that one kept me up at night. Eight Balls never lie.
Now I can rest

5 Likes

Hey all,

Just stumbled onto this thread so thought I’d post an intro.

Currently tossing up options for a custom built commuting and all round carving board. Got a few ideas but still weighing up pros/cons.

Thoughts on build

• Flux Motion, Haero or Lacroix deck. Would probably make a custom carbon fibre enclosure for the first two because I want a slim under deck around 12s4p or 12s5p.
  • MBS Matrix II’s, 3d Servisas or Hypertrucks.
  • Moon helical gear drives (also tossing up 3d Servisas, E-Toxx). Slightly more insane option is custom made (I’m a CAD monkey for work with a CNC router at home)
  • APS or Maytech 6374 motors
  • Focbox Unity
  • Hoyt puck remote
  • MBS wheels with 8" tyres

Priorities for board

• Would like to keep size/weight sane for the days when the weather turns bad and I have to jump on the bus/train.
  • As tight a turning radius as possible without giving up too much high speed stability would be ideal (have some pedestrian underpasses etc and would prefer not to dismount).
  • Min. 20km range but more would be nice.
  • Currently thinking 40km/h is heaps but don’t want to be maxing everything out to get there.
  • Steep hill climbing without stressing anything. Hills around Brisbane inner West where I live are STEEP.

Looking forward to reading and learning more.

5 Likes

Welcome to the fun zone. Will keep an eye out.

1 Like

Found this thread so may as well introduce myself seeing as im new. Hey Im Tom from melbourne. Currently ride a Backfire g2s with an upgrade needed. Thinking of doing a DIY board when i have enough money (soon hopefully). But for now just interested in diy boards and esk8 in general. Hope i can get to know some of you!

3 Likes

Hey Tom-

Good to have you join us. Sorry in advance about @kook . Please don’t hold it against the rest of us.

4 Likes

Hi Tom

welcome… read, read…read and reaps the benefits of those who have walked before you… think and ask insightful questions,

now fukkoff

just kidding… it was almost mandatory considering the circumstances…

no really fuukoff

2 Likes

Hey man this question has probably already been answered but uh perhaps if you need this knowledge in the future. I am also an apple man (moving away because im sick of the closed eco system but thats not the problem here) If you need to run linux to use vesc tool the best way for someone with limited tech knowledge would be to make a bootable usb of ubuntu which you can run by rebooting your computer and holding option/alt ill link some guides hope this helps you.
(https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/create-a-usb-stick-on-macos#1-overview) This puts it in pretty easy to understand terms hope I can be of help

2 Likes

Hey all,

Super noob who Jumped on the flux pre-order (2nd batch). Because DIY from scratch seemed overwhelming. Will be looking at changing up the flux with small mods. But a lighter weight build around the bustin sportster 35 is what I want to work towards. The diy builds by eboosted and bwahl602 look phenomenal. Currently researching gear drives Truck combos for shorter AT build (avx x haggy, moon, 3D servias x FatBoy and etoxx etc. Haven’t skated for like 15+ years. Snowboarded a bit. I’m in South London UK. You all crazy and the community on this forum is awesome. It’s incredible to see a melting pot of hardware, electrical and software development pushing esk8/ PEV “insanity“ and safety forward at million miles an hour. Reading Threads about the development in itself is addictive.

5 Likes

Welcome, Henry. Yup, tons of smart dudes doing cool shit here, and I’m equally impressed with it all. Look forward to seeing what you end up with!

1 Like

Jesus Christ, these new people are buying gear drives and fatboys and here I am scrounging for some TB motor mounts like wtf

5 Likes

See what you did?
:fu::kissing_heart::fu:

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :laughing: :joy:

That’s funny as hell. but… does seem a little over the top. I mean you didn’t even get a chance to pop up cheerily fifty more times.

1 Like

Especially since titles are usually given on account of things we said and that’s something you said

3 Likes

Goddamn, clippy is being snippy. How do you disable

1 Like