Introduce Yourself and Share Your Plans (SERIOUS)

Oof. Thank you for the info. Guess I’ll start shopping around

1 Like

I love mbs as a company… Matrix 2 are still my favorite trucks I’ve tried. But my experience makes me have to give that disclaimer. YMMV

1 Like

Hi my name is Jacky. I’ve been reading since over a month now and subscribed few days ago. 40ish, car mechanic, automation technician, electric engineer, master wanker with a decent garage setup, snowboarder since over 25 years ago now and been skateboarder equally. Will use my winter project of esk8 as motivation to learn CADing, machining, printing, etc.

I’m living close to a green road and saw few electric longboard passing by this summer. My subconscious is now freaking and converted this to an obsession. I have to buil a esk8 (or 2). Not interested in prefabricated stuff other than inspiration for my build. Prefer quality than quantity. Technicality over low-quality.

Firstly fall in love with the Trampa Orrsom look.
Secondly get a hit for the Kaly XL-R overall (look and specs)
Thirdly went crazy when a saw a build with NKP under the riders gallery on Stoogeraceboards (@MoeStooge).

Then, first concept of a daily commuter for going to work with a 50km/h on 50km went out. Oups. Still reading a lot and trying to figure out a build in which i will like the technicalities going out from. So much that I’m now thinking to build 2 boards (a commuter dropped longboard with tons of power and a flat short board for more versatility with more conventional parts). I do like both path seen here, VESC and RC ESCs. Not judging, each have their own utility and reason of being. I do like open and enclosed geardrive, inrunner motors and deep-dish wheel.So, for being sure to build both, i ordered the first part for each concept. I order NKP kit for the longboard and outrunner motors 6384 for the short one. Still have to finish the concept of each board. I defined a deadline for get one functional for end of Q1-2023 (dont know which one get priority yet). I will probably post later for advices and concept review from the community.

Lot of fun inbank.

8 Likes

Welcome and thanks for the introduction!

Seems like you have a good plan going forward and plenty of skill to accomplish your goals.

If you ever have any CAD questions, lots of us are happy to help :call_me_hand:

You’re gonna fit in just fiiiiine.

Welcome dude! Ambitious plans for sure, but it sounds like you’re a doer. Good luck and don’t be scared to ask for help! We don’t bite… much.

Hey, welcome to the forum! I do wish you hadn’t ordered parts already, because you might end up finding them incompatible with the other parts you end up choosing. Most important part of doing a successful build is picking your parts in order to make sure that everything is compatible in the end:

2 Likes

I guess it’s about time I introduce myself to the community! My names Jonny and I attend Northern Arizona University studying business management and mechanical engineering! I just turned 21 in August and I’m planning to graduate in may of ‘25.

I started off in this hobby with a Meepo nls pro and loved it and wanted more power. So, I eventually bought the kit from propulsion and with a lot of guidance, it’s a sick board imo now. But then I wanted more power again, so I built a Mountainboard on a mbs Wareen running 14s. Then once again, I wanted more power. So now I’m currently building 2 new boards running 20s! I’m stoked to be apart of the community!

9 Likes

Hi guys, I’m Christopher and I’m a software developer from Poland. I’ve been riding EUC’s daily for the last I think 4-5 years (Inmotion v10f, GotWay msx 84v, and currently Veteran Abrams) and I’m currently gathering parts to build my first emtb for more offroad riding.

9 Likes

Hello esk8 community,

I’m Eric and I’m an electrical engineering student somewhere in the US. I was hesitant about creating an account on any forum online, but I figure I may as well if I wanna dip my feet into this world of Eskating. I’m a total noob, I’ve spent maybe 4-7 hours total simply reading and watching videos and it feels as though there’s always more to read.

My plan is to build a simple commuter board for my university life. I want to build a battery pack, perhaps as 12s2p…and I have a rough document of items I want to buy for the board. I think I’m just missing a few things overall but it would be cool if I could share this with someone and get some thoughts! I have no clue if my parts will work in harmony. It will be a belt driven skateboard, single motor…I don’t want to break my bank on this, looking for about 600-700 bucks overall spendage. For now, I’ll continue reading posts and such throughout the day, but it’s very cool to see such a large community in this. Just a week ago, I knew nothing of such community and I hope I can hit it off and get to building this board of mine to share.

9 Likes

Welcome! In case you’re interested I have a nearly done Bustin Sporster build. I can ship it with the cells in there and you could redo the battery. But it’s a hub board.

1 Like

Welcome! You’ll definitely fit right in, and it’s awesome to see that you’re spending the time reading through posts first!

Definitely ask the community about your overall parts list before you buy anything, we’ll help you with any compatibility issues / guide you towards better deals :wink:

2 Likes

Very cool! I appreciate the offer, but I will be doing the whole shabang from scratch I think <3.

1 Like

Cool! Heads up, you’ll need to get a battery welder on loan from someone else to make a battery on your budget, you can make a thread for that with your location info and someone will probably be willing to help out

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
I have been riding eboards for 2 years. Both my boards are teamgee. I know they are trash.
I have most recently decided to build my own board.
I am here to try and learn as much as possible about this so I don’t make any mistakes. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Welcome! What kind of board are you looking to build?

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
My name is Val, and I’ve been lurking on the forum for some time now but never introduced myself. Im a mid 30s babyface Masters of Finance student at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. Within the 5-6 years that I’ve been riding, I’ve put together two boards that I’m proud of, and that often get a lot of attention from laypeople. I consider them my MVPs.
I’d like to build off my rudimentary understanding of design and assebly to see if I can create a product people are willing to buy. I look up to the builders in this forum that create their own decks, enclosures, batteries, esc’s, trucks, wheels, lights or remotes. I’d very much so interested in diving deeper into the hobby through building in small batches, but wonder about value proposition of custom boards against some of these new production boards. Maybe I could sell locally.
Either way, I’m obsessed with riding, and spend so much time in ideation of esthetics for future builds. I have two more builds in mind.

11 Likes

Maybe @monsterbuilder can share some.

Hey guys! I’m Pasha, been on the forum for awhile, just reading up on everything I could😁 I work in construction by trade at the moment, but been riding skateboards/longboards for years. Stumbled on the old forum somehow by accident and saw @IDEA build, the 128km one, and just fell in love with esk8! Love to tinker with the boards and just modifying them, and this place has so much info and awesome people! Thought I’d finally introduce myself :joy:

16 Likes

Hi I’m Astrid and my current plans are to finally fix my homemade scootboard check it out here (I smoked the ESC on the first run)
I’m also trying to fix my electric longboard which currently has some loose motor mounts.
I also just bought a mountian board I’m gonna convert in the “near” future

5 Likes

I am building something similar. I begged Big Ben to dig out the mold, and free up some time for a double decker enclosure. Not the huge one. I will use 18650s and plan a 12s 7p. May be able to squeeze in a 12s 8p. Give him a jingle and beg for another while he is at it, he may buckle. Only thing is, you may not be able to mount drop thru without scraping the box. His are the best ad ONLY hummie double available. Dont do like I did, and use a box that will not be watertight due to not being made especially for the board. You will likely need to use pneumies to clear height.