Introduce Yourself and Share Your Plans (SERIOUS)

It’s a gorgeous little plank for sure. It was on sale when I grabbed it so a steal at $100.

3 Likes

They have this deck for 100CAD right now

Looks real nice… Good commuter

1 Like

It’s here :smile:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone.
I am Yuggi, interested in potentially building my own Electric mountain board or something like the Lacroix or Kaly boards, roughly Checkout some resources but prefer to Shadow someone and watch a build, based on the Gold Coast, Australia

5 Likes

Welcome! Here’s a thread that seems right up your alley:

Also check out Lovechild before the builder comes in here and pastes 87 pictures of it:

9 Likes

Un vrai speed demon !

1 Like

Oui Monsieur

2 Likes

Hey Team, I’m Adrien life long tinkerer, living in Jersey City and pay the bills running innovation for a consulting shop. Been lurking here for about 2 month. Got into esk8 for commuting reasons, now just go out for fun.

For my first actual build - I want to build a shorter board, with a kick tail (to hop small side walks) for commuting. I plan to ride this thing in sunshine, rain and snow.

4 Likes

mes parent sont francais. mon pere d’Orleans et ma mere est Parisienne.

1 Like

Check out all of @b264’s build threads. All weather proofed short boards with a kick tail. He’s a bit anal but he gets the job done.

Take that as you will :wink:

3 Likes

That’s exactly the amount of French I am still able to understand 6 years after finishing high school :joy:

2 Likes

Oi bois. I’m rob. 15. I built my board about 8 months ago, and am looking to build it up during this holiday season to rip around in spring, I need ‘veterans’ opinions considering trucks, voltage, deck size and material, and wheel size in my effort to renovate and upgrade my build, all while on a budget. I just need to learn to open a thread real quick, but idk how to cause I just made an account and I’m on my phone.

3 Likes

Hey Rob-

I bumped you up a level so you can post now. You’ll get the most help by posting your questions in the noob thread, however.

Happy holidays and welcome!

1 Like

Right in my tender heart.

3 Likes

Hello. My name is Robbie. I am a machinist by trade, tinkerer by hobby, amateur engineer and in my opinion a professional solderer. You know what they say about opinions though! Lol. I 3d print as well, I water cooled my printer to enable high temp printing (Ultem 1000, and PC). I also have an adrenaline addiction and a love of all board sports, so with that I built a E-mountainboard that could get thrashed on. Everything on my board is meant to be easily replaced and quickly in the event of failure, from esc’s to mechanical parts its about a 5 minute fix for everything that can fail, if I have that part on hand. I made my motor mounts and designed everything on my board so far. I have built two boards so far, as well as helped my brother make an electric longboard that rips. My brother and I grew up skateboarding so we are a bit rough on boards, in fact that is why I made my own motor mounts. I bend any aluminium mount plate that I have tried, so I switched over to a 17-4 S.S. plate and truck clamp. Its a bit heavy, but hefty, and oh so rigid like a proper motor mount should be. I have jumped my board off an about chest high drop on cement, and gotten about 10ft high jumps on a grass field with no issues so far. I have not seen anyone get too rowdy as far as jumps go, so I have been compiling video to show people what they can really do with a rigid motor setup. Footy will be coming soon! I’m looking forward to learning with you guys, as well as contribute where I can, though I’m not too into posting on social media.

Edited For the peeps who get their ego involved. Lol. looking forward to meeting some of ya in person.

11 Likes

37 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Derail Jail

8 posts were split to a new topic: RobbieP and his new friends

Hey guys! I just found this forum after following a bunch of Facebook groups. I’m excited to put together my first DIY board after owning a boosted v2. Awesome community. You guys can really build!!!

9 Likes

Welcome! I bumped your account so you’re not limited on messaging. Hit me up in a private message if you have any questions.

3 Likes