INTERVENTION!!! thread.

Yes but the top is glass frit :eyes: you up for the task? Cause I will yeet it to you faster then aviator can sell another incomplete

1 Like

Lmao I’m down. I got some tricks to getting that off, gotta be able to redo my own mistakes after all :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Incoming :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: no stress, it’s already screwed up, so if you fail miserably, it is what it is

Bet! I’ll shoot you some details on what I got available by speed, can’t just stain those away lmao

1 Like

That might be repairable. :grin:

1 Like

Oh!

I would definitely need the deck to work on it. It will probably cost about $20 worth or materials to fix it.

2 Likes

Everything being said, if anyone wants or knows anyone who wants a custom board, HMU!

2 Likes

That’s what you got out of this :rofl:

6 Likes

I love your enthusiasm man. I hope you do great on this endeavor. I aspire to one day take battery building from my garage to the masses. I have a lot to work on until then, but I hope to one day make the quality worthy of the cost.

1 Like

:rofl: persistency

Everything being said, if anyone wants or knows anyone who wants a custom board, HMU!

200w

1 Like

Of course it is…

So you paid less, and got less building experience. Not helping your creditability to be able to build shit for other people.

Pretty key to note that he knows he needs to go to a lesser informed DIY audience to be able to sell to…

No. No, I don’t think you will. You haven’t in the past and haven’t here either:

My main point:

And I cannot stress this one enough.

This reasoning is actively setting yourself up to fail, fuck over customers, and/or financially ruin yourself:

This is not how a small business can be successfully run. And yes, you are attempting to start a business here. Of course anything of the nature involves risk, and you will need to take risks, but tasking risks with other peoples money because you don’t have any of your own is a recipe financial suicide. The world doesn’t work like shark tank. At any given time, you will be one mistake away from totally screwed. Even Artem makes mistakes:

The difference is, he can say, “oops, guess I need another on of those now” and then go buy it. You fuck up a $300 deck or $150 enclosure and then what? Attempt to fix it yourself? Hope the customer doesn’t notice? Luckily it seems TomiBoi can fix the deck for Artem cheaper than a new one, but that’s unlikely to be the case in most scenarios.

Then assuming you do have a solution to the problem, you’ve squandered your delivery schedule and will have unhappy customers on your hands. So, guess who get’s to learn to be a PR manager and customer service rep while your scrambling to fix a board that should have already been done…

The point of this is to scare you. This is not something you should be taking on. For now, I’ll watch and wait for to the podcast you’ll have to start and the “avi8 and esk8 con” you’ll need to put on to turn your reputation around like someone else has done before you.

8 Likes

If @Skyart is putting the drivetrain and battery together I dont see much that can go wrong.

Waterproofing will be iffy as that requires a bit of experience imo

There is not much to fuck up after this, hes not even making much money and bringing quality parts to dumb reddit users.

If he doesn’t kill someone it can only be good, if the board just sucks, the buyer will end up here.

2 Likes

Im just saying, a group of people who could all build a board, in a forum about doing it yourself… is a pretty bad place to ask if anyone wants you to do it forum(pun intended)

3 Likes

This is exactly why my target audience is on Reddit and not a DIY forum. Artem and others advised the same.

I don’t know why anyone’s so concerned though. It’s not like they can stop you, and the worst case is YOU looking bad. Not like you’re asking for investors.
I mean even if you fuck up royally what’s another tiller to you guys anyways?

2 Likes

It makes the whole community look bad and puts doubt in the eyes of the consumer on actually skilled builders

2 Likes

They don’t like the competition. They don’t want to help a little guy get on his feet, they want to belittle him. This is what makes you, @Skyart , @ZachTetra and some others different from the rest. You guys like helping others, that’s why so many respect you.

2 Likes

So I’m not a skilled builder now? Just because I haven’t built tens of esk8’s before doesn’t mean anything. I’ve been around and working on mechanical stuff my whole life.